Full-Time Electrical Facilities Engineer
• Responsible for development, overseeing, guidance, scheduling and coordination of internal and external implementation of electrical utilities and control systems strategies for the management of maintenance programs to support Manufacturing facilities, Quality Control Laboratories, facility building operations, utilities and equipment.
• The incumbent will demonstrate knowledge and subject matter expertise on electrical systems and building/equipment controls. Including programming and troubleshooting PLC, DDC controls with proficiency in electrical and electromechanical systems and automation as well as BMS, EMS building management systems experience. Interacts with external technical experts to evaluate electrical infrastructure and distribution systems.
• Develops electrical infrastructure strategies for site expansion, equipment reliability and Life Cycle management.
• Assists with troubleshooting alarms and correcting malfunctions. The incumbent interacts with other Facility and Maintenance team members and provides technical support in their effort to effect maintenance work and plan any other short term or long-term projects. The incumbent is responsible for providing technical expertise and is accountable for ensuring maintenance plans are executed (scheduled and non-scheduled) of all electrical equipment and utilities which includes, main supply distribution systems, switchgears, transformers, electrical panels, all related HVAC equipment, pumps, motors, controls, humidifiers, dehumidifiers etc. The incumbent interacts with building maintenance support company, production, validation, laboratories, Site Services, IT, automation and other departments as required. Shall be self-starter and work individually or in conjunction with other members of the department. The position may require working alternate shifts/weekends for coverage.
• The incumbent provides support on the preparation/plan of equipment replacement (life cycle) to include in capital forecast and spending plan. Coordinate maintenance projects with budget assessments and evaluation of timeline. Management and execution of multiple projects simultaneously including but not limiting to planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical reviews.
• Draft technical scope of work (SOW) and request for proposals (RFP) to solicit bids for equipment and engineering services.
• Coordinates the efforts of engineering support groups and external resources such as vendors, consultants and contractors.
• Responsible for the continuous operation of the building management system (BMS/EMS) for evaluation of system function, troubleshooting, energy management and data update.
• Provide production and facilities with needed technical support and problem solving to ensure uninterrupted function of equipment and services.
• Ensures oversight and compliance with industry practices and guidelines as well as maintenance activities.
• Ensures all safety requirements are reviewed and in place before work is executed.
• Champion of electrical safety and compliance. Maintain compliance with SHE SOPS and have knowledge on Good Documentation Practices.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with internal departments both locally and across Ferring network.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university in electrical, mechanical or chemical disciplines.
• 3 – 5 years engineering experience in pharmaceutical industry setting with a focus on electrical infrastructure and controls.
• Knowledge of GMP requirements and regulations.
• Ability to effectively communicate, interact, and collaborate with internal and external team members.
• Strong analytical skills, hands-on troubleshooting skills and the capability to utilize analysis software and company quality systems software.
• Knowledge of building management and environmental management systems.
• Willingness to work outside normal working days/hours to support Facility/Plant Emergencies
• Capable of using hand and machine tools to repair the existing’s systems and equipment. Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials and manipulating things. Able to lift, push, pull, or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds Able to move freely around in a manufacturing environment, including moving about on stairs, loading docks, and ladders, and in an around machines with moving parts.
Join our team and your voice will be heard, and your contributions will be valued. If you love to come up with new ways to make a positive difference and see them through, you will fit right in. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (including Disability/Protected Veterans). We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Ferring offers a competitive total compensation package inclusive of but not limited to the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation policy, paid holidays, sick days, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible savings accounts, short-term disability, long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance.
Location: Parsippany, New Jersey
How to ApplyClick here to apply: https://smrtr.io/fDRzF Visit our career page: Your Career at Ferring - Ferring Global Referrer: Milanie Noriega
37 total views, 1 today