Full-Time Electrical Engineer
Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. FCI began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and level measurement applications for industrial process and plant applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement technology.
From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom engineered products and systems, FCI provides world leading experience and a record of unequaled innovation to meet or exceed our customer application demands. Complimenting FCI product leadership is a world class Flow and Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are performed in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable equipment and instrumentation.
Currently, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer 1 for our Aerospace Engineering Department.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the candidate is responsible for the design, documentation and qualification of new Aerospace sensor products as well as providing production support for existing products. Activities include the creation of engineering drawings, conducting functional performance tests and streamlining the production process.
Essential Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position)
• Assists in the design of products to meet the technical, schedule, budget and product cost requirements.
• Assists in the creation of drawings, manufacturing processes and BOMs.
• Maintains a current MS Project schedule to track projects and actively utilizes it to drive tasks to completion along the critical path.
• Leverages supporting disciplines to ensure tasks are completed to plan.
• Participates in writing formal test procedures, conducting qualification testing, analyzing test data and writing test reports.
• Provides production support as necessary and ensures rapid closure of failures.
• Assists in addressing obsolescence of electronic components and makes design recommendations for appropriate fixtures and test tools and ensures implementation.
• Supports manufacturing, troubleshoots equipment and implement solutions.
• Makes recommendations to implement design improvements, streamlining of manufacturing processes and reducing product cost.
• Supports Sales as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
• Must be proficient in MS Office tools; Word, Excel, Power Point. MS Project is a PLUS
• Knowledge of circuit design tools, analog and digital circuitry, low-level voltage signals, embedded microprocessors
• Knowledge of serial communications interfaces such as RS-232, RS-485
• Ability to multitask and drive tasks to closure in a timely manner
• Ability to develop good technical writing and problem solving skills
• Experience in the Aerospace industry is a PLUS
• Must be either a US citizen or permanent resident
• Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
• Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent quality deficiencies including escapes.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities related to product, process, and quality system.
• All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or related to our quality system and processes.
• Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with others both internally and externally.
Sitting 80% and computer work at least 80% of the time, standing, walking and bending 20%. Capable of lifting up 45lbs. Some travel may be required.
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
FCI is an ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS and SSA E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify US citizen or permanent resident alien in the absence of ECCN.
How to ApplyPlease apply by completing your application on our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) JazzHR by clicking on the following link: https://fluidcomponentsintl.applytojob.com/apply/1B0GlLinDT/Electrical-Engineer
39 total views, 1 today