Full-Time Electrical Controls Engineer
The Candidate should possess a strong knowledge in the design, implementation, improvement, and operation of Industrial systems utilizing PLCs, pneumatic & hydraulic, and servo-controlled systems. Additionally, the Controls engineer will act as an innovation leader by working in sensors and equipment connectivity to local computer servers as well as cloud based servers, adapting automation including robotics to existing processes based on business drivers, and working with vendors to configure and innovate equipment for process applications.
Clayton Supply is actively investing in advanced automation; the Controls Engineer will be responsible for the coordination and deployment of Automation projects of the current and future equipment and processes in multiple Clayton Supply plants.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Adapt lean manufacturing principles into process automation including one-piece flow, Kanban, pokayoke, and utilizing data acquisition for process optimization.
- Use products such as contractors, overload relays, soft starters, speed drivers, sensors and HMIs to provide engineering support to the automated lines in Clayton Supply plants.
- Drive component standards to keep spare parts and technology simple and accessible
- Design, develop, upgrade and standardize new manufacturing equipment, including medium voltage power distribution, controls, and instrumentation including electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and vision systems
- Update, modify, and continuously improve existing controls systems including ladder logic programs, relay logic, motor controls, HMI operator interface, or robotics
- Coordinate with production and maintenance as well as original equipment vendors on existing machine control modifications or installations
- Create, maintain and keep current documentation: electrical schematics, panel layouts; PLC, HMI operator display
- Develop technical documentation, including bill of materials, Detailed Design Specifications, equipment testing and electrical schematics.
The position will require that you deal with complexity, establish strong lines of communication, develop and deliver presentations, grow in your leadership, provide supervision, develop electrical specifications, establish manufacturing methods and procedures, ensure built-in manufacturing quality, utilize and organize CAD/CAM files.
- Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineer, Computer Engineering, or Automation & Controls Engineering. (2yr Technical Degree with the right experience will be considered)
- Strong PLC programming skills
- AutoCAD Experience
- Motion Control Experience
- Machine Vision Experience
- Servo control and multi-axis robotics
- Experience with PLCs, Servo Controls, and Variable Frequency Drives
- Control design experience
- Experience with Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Sound knowledge of Access Database, .NET programming, SQL programming
- 3 years of experience with implementing industrial controls
- Ability to manage multiple projects, leading a team to meet critical deadlines of the different projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead, and successfully develop salary and hourly employees through education and challenging growth assignments
- Self-motivated and driven individual desiring to make an immediate impact
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Ability to manage and schedule multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Tuition Assistance
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
How to ApplyComplete you application by clicking HERE
369 total views, 0 today