Full-Time eLearning Instructional Designer – ELEAR01889
SALARY: $75k – $115k
The eLearning Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of online and instructor-led materials. Working closely with Agency-Wide Training, this person has responsibility for the development and delivery of agency-wide training content.
Scope of projects includes creating and updating current course curricula and supporting materials for in-person classes; producing interactive training modules and software simulations; job aids and online tutorials; instructional videos; website copy; presentation materials; and technical documentation. The person in this position is expected to have excellent writing abilities, an eye for design and proven experience developing multimedia training and communications materials.
This position will also have a role in administration of the learning management system, Cornerstone OnDemand.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Design a variety of instructional materials for online programs, traditional instructor-led courses, web-based learning aids or products, and other programs as needed.
• Develop materials for courses based on information provided by subject matter experts and instructors to create the best coursework possible.
• Create realistic objectives for learning or performance for students and instructors.
• Redesign courses for online presentation that are conducive to distance learning programs while still adhering to training goals of the Agency.
• Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or graphic elements, to better adhere to delivery options for the course.
• Analyze courses to ensure they meet or exceed Agency standards.
• Build accessibility into courses so learners of all abilities have high quality learning experiences Remain aware of all emerging instructional technologies and make recommendations about when to adopt certain systems to continue to offer the best learning experience possible.
• Interface with leadership, product owners, partners and stakeholders to align learning campaigns and objectives with strategic objectives and feature release schedules.
• Manage updates and revisions to existing training materials ensuring they are accurate and consistent with system functionality.
• Participate in collaborative editing processes and design reviews with the Learning and Capability team to ensure a high-quality and consistent end product. It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
• Demonstrates Sound Transit’s Values in every interaction.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
• It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Education, English, Design, Technical Writing or closely related field; 4 years of experience in developing and leading instructor-led and/or online training and 4 years of experience with learning evaluation and assessment techniques, demonstrated experience designing and developing online and blended environment training using online learning tools such as Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent tools; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
A degree or certificate in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Information Design, Education Technology, or equivalent job experience.
Required Knowledge of:
• Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Vyond or other eLearning authoring tools.
• Knowledge and practical experience delivering training using instructional design methodology and adult learning concepts, principles and practices.
• Proven experience designing courses from the ground up using industry-standard processes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization both technical and non-technical; ability to understand complex technical information and distill for lay audiences.
• Self-directed with strong project management skills.
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office.
• Demonstrated graphic design skills.
• Strong problem-solving, multitasking and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of trends in technology and education.
• Technical aptitude and willingness to learn new software and skills independently.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• Impeccable writing and grammar skills and attention to detail.
• Proven design acumen.
• Ability to work with SMEs.
• Clear business writing skills.
• Experience using learning management and/or content management systems – Cornerstone OnDemand a plus.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds.
• The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
Sound Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment action based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected class.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
How to ApplyPlease visit the link below or visit soundtransit.org/get-to-know-us/jobs and click on "current job listings". https://recruiting.ultipro.com/SOU1036SOUND/JobBoard/dcc5dbea-875e-4cd1-bfd2-8e046cecc54f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f2e24ad6-dd28-4776-9784-dc8a0b4fe897
727 total views, 0 today