Full-Time EEC Certified Lead Teacher/Teacher
The WSY is looking for a Lead Teacher/Teacher who has an EEC Lead Teacher Certification and is enthusiastic, creative, reliable and consistent. The WSY is looking to immediately fill this position offering a SIGNING BONUS! Are you looking to make a difference in children’s lives on a daily basis, while working for a fun organization that values social responsibility and diversity? Apply today!
Preschool is open from 7 am to 6 pm Monday – Friday. The WSY Preschool is open year around.
Hourly range is $14.50- $21.50, depending on certifications, education and experience.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direction for the children in the classroom, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
1. Develops and Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
3. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
5. Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
6. Maintains program site and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records.
8. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
9. Plans and implements program activities that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
10. Adheres to YMCA and state (Early Education & Care, EEC) standards including safety and cleanliness.
11. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
12. Follows YMCA and EEC policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
13. Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education required, Bachelor’s preferred.
2. Minimum two to three years previous experience working with children.
3. Child CPR, First Aid, AED certifications obtained within 30 days of hire date.
4. EEC Lead Teacher/Teacher Certification.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
6. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
7. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The WSYMCA rewards dedicated employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation & holidays, group health with vision & drug prescription, dental & life insurance, paid retirement once vested, YMCA membership, access to child care services, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.
How to ApplyPlease visit our career center at www.wsymca.org/careers and apply today!
94 total views, 1 today