Full-Time Education Researcher: Entry-Level
The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is a non-profit leader in applied research, evaluation, and analytics in the arenas of employment, student, and military testing, and professional credentialing and licensing. We work with federal and state government agencies, private sector organizations, and professional associations.
About the Organization
As a non-profit, HumRRO is dedicated to work that contributes to science and society. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. Our core operational staff includes Education Researchers. We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and to practicing equity and inclusion for all staff.
About the Job
This job is for a candidate who has completed (or will soon complete a Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant field). Work may include:
- Design and implement research, evaluation, and analysis plans
- Develop logic models and theories of action
- Develop items and/or evaluate various cognitive and non-cognitive assessments
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data gathered through various means (e.g., focus groups, surveys, tests, extant databases, alignment workshops)
- Use a variety of analytic tools (e.g., Excel, SPSS, SAS, R)
- Conduct classical and IRT item analyses, test scoring and equating, standard setting
- Write technical reports and orally present findings to internal staff and/or clients
- Lead and/or assist with the development of proposals to secure new contracts
- Mentor and develop junior staff
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, managers, and clients and be a strong supporter of effective teamwork
Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs.
The position is at a HumRRO office in one of the following cities: Alexandria, VA; Louisville, KY; Monterey, CA; or Minneapolis, MN.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s or PhD in Educational Assessment and Measurement, Educational Research and Evaluation, Educational Psychology, or related discipline
- Some relevant work experience preferred
- Willingness and interest to work on a variety of projects and tasks across our lines of business
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage own work and the work of others
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as a member or leader of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting high standards for product and service quality
- Desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with team members and clients
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Named one of “50 Great Places to Work” by Washingtonian magazine, 2019, and one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Washington Post for 2020 and 2021
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://humrro.applicantpool.com/jobs/917340-292344.html
276 total views, 0 today