Full-Time ECEAP Teacher Assistant – Onsite
Excited about this role, but don’t meet 100% of the expected qualifications listed above? We’d still love for you to apply! Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce where unique experiences are valued and everyone has the opportunity to contribute. Research has continuously shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all the listed qualifications. We want to help overcome this trend and seek to make space for unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when applying to Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington, rest assured that your application is reviewed by a living, breathing human being, and evaluated based on key competencies needed for success in the position. Questions or concerns? Contact re********@ca*****************.org, we’d be happy to connect!
You can do the work you love, be your authentic self, and make an impact in the lives of thousands. We believe in a culture rooted in community, collaboration, and growth. As an agency we are inspired by our Mission of bringing hope to life, especially those most in need.
$16 – $16.75 Hourly
Medical, dental, life, flexible spending, EAP, retirement & vol benefits including vision, ltd, life insurance, critical illness, injury accident & ID theft protection. 13 paid holidays, 12 days of vacation, 8 sick days. Bereavement leave, education assistance program. Discretionary longevity award of 1.5% of annual salary starting after 5 years of service.
To support Catholic Charities in realizing a common mission by providing and implementing a developmentally appropriate early childhood classroom experience for children enrolled in the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP).
Create and maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Maintain inventory and upkeep of both center, classroom supplies and materials
- Report needed repairs and maintenance to appropriate personnel
- Provide a safe, developmentally appropriate indoor and outdoor learning environment
- Apply health standards and care for the children and classroom
Support the ECEAP Lead Teacher with meeting Performance Standards and implementation of curriculum and programmatic systems
- Establish a learning environment to build and enhance each childs self-esteem and positive self-concept
- Provide activities and opportunities that encourage curiosity, creativity, exploration and problem solving appropriate to the developmental level and learning style of each child
- Implement positive guidance practices that teach and meet the individual temperaments of each child
- Make appropriate referrals when necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Organize and facilitate age appropriate classroom routines
- Assists in planning and implementing curriculum that encourages the advancement of childrens physical, intellectual, and social-emotional competence.
Provide family support to parents of the children
- Plan, promote and implement family development
- Maintain open, friendly and cooperative verbal and written communication with each childs family
- Encourage parents to volunteer in various parts of the program
- Conduct family home visits as prescribed by program work plan
- Work with ECEAP Lead Teacher and Family Advocates to plan and implement parent center meetings
Foster positive discipline and communication in the classroom
- Guide and sustain positive interactions between children and adults
- Maintain an atmosphere that encourages open communication with children and adults
- Provide opportunities and support for children to understand, acquire and provide use verbal and non-verbal means of communicating thoughts and feelings
Create and maintain a professional team environment
- Submit attendance records and required paperwork in a timely manner
- Appropriately supervise and delegate duties to classroom staff, initiate training and encouraging teamwork among adults in the room and center
- Maintain confidentiality of program, staff and client information
- Accept responsibility for the quality of job performance and make changes as needed
Continue professional development
- Participate in required training and share information with other staff as requested
- Participate in scheduled supervision, required meetings and retreats
- Prepare and provide timely and accurate written reports, memoranda, and other statistical or narrative information as required or requested
Participate in Center activities and other duties as requested
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of this position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting or performing other work requiring medium physical exertion, talking and hearing and adequate vision on a regular basis to perform the job requirements. These physical demands are required up to 95% of the time.
- Early Childhood Education Initial Certificate or Preschool CDA
- 2 or more years experience in teaching children 3 to 5 years of age in an Early Childhood program
- Demonstrate professional and effective verbal and written communication
- Use of good judgment
- Basic computer skills
- Maintain confidentiality of children, families and staff
- Supervision of adults, classroom planning and management skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
Licensure, Registration, Certifications
- Valid First Aid and CPR
- Valid Food Handlers Card
- Valid Washington State drivers license and minimum required liability insurance
Employment is conditional upon:
- Being cleared by criminal background check and fingerprinting when required
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by applying on this site.
54 total views, 0 today