Full-Time Early Learning Program Director
Are you a passionate, caring leader looking to foster cognitive, social-emotional, and physical development for school-aged children? We are looking for cause-driven leaders who model values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring as coaches, tutors, and mentors; who are ready to be invested in and grow, to take a risk and be stretched; and who want a job that is not transactional, but transformational. As the nation’s leading child care program, we believe children should have a place to explore their interests and talents.
As the program director, you will support the YMCA Early Learning Center (ELC) year-round to plan, organize, implement, and coordinate services of the child care program to provide an experience of choice for members. You will provide leadership and direction for all Early Learning staff and children. You will ensure positive communication with parents, children, schools, and other staff; practice risk management; and develop positive and meaningful relationships with the community. You will help in providing balanced recreation, education and character development through enriched activities full of fun and friendship.
If hired for this position you will be responsible to ensure all sites are providing high quality care and maintain Washington State Child Care Licensing and designated staffing ratios at all times. You will establish new program activities and expand the current program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
As a full time employee, you will receive:
- Continual staff development opportunities
- STARS training opportunities
- A medical/dental/vision benefits package
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Life insurance and long term disability benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Leave Plan (ELP)
- A family membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children every day
Are you a good fit?
- You are committed to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- You have two year or more years of management experience in an Early Learning setting or related field.
- You have reliable transportation and the ability to support at all sites across Pierce and Kitsap County, as needed.
- You have 47 or more college quarter credits of Early Childhood Education, Child Development, and Elementary Education or possess equivalent educational background in courses relating to childcare.
- You have an in-depth knowledge and/or a degree in field of work.
- You have a positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- You have knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up, and the ability to instruct participants in age appropriate techniques.
- You have experience in the development, delivery, and management of child care programs or equivalent, with full understanding of child care regulations and licensing requirements.
- You have demonstrated skills in customer service, public relations, organizational skills, communications, supervision, computer knowledge, and file maintenance.
- You possess (or are willing to possess prior to hire): CPR, First Aid, TB Test, Food Handler’s Card, Basic STARS, proof of MMR vaccine, Merit account.
- You are able and willing to complete a Department of Children, Youth, and Families Portable Background Check.
- You are able and willing to complete a Department of Children, Youth, and Families Early Learning Orientation.
How to ApplyApply online, click here.
329 total views, 0 today