Part-Time Driver License Examiner (Part-Time)
- Administering driving eligibility tests.
- Evaluating customers applying for classified Driver Licenses, Commercial Driver Licenses, Learner’s permits, and State ID cards.
- Delivering excellent customer service skills to confirm customer’s knowledge of NC Motor Vehicle laws, identification of road signs, checking vision and observing/evaluating driving skills by riding with the customer in their personal vehicle on a road test in all types of weather.
- Serving as a public advisor identifying possible health concerns with drivers.
- Advising customers of other service programs available.
- Ensuring customer and court-ordered data is entered accurately into our reporting system.
- Able to learn NC DMV policy, procedure and/or laws to educate customers.
- Excellent customer service skills with diverse customers.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and enjoy serving customers
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and using online databases.
- A quick learner of our systems.
- Good decision making skills to evaluate information, research, report and make determinations for action.
- A collaborative team player working out solutions for delivery.
- Experience with cash collection and disbursement is helpful.
- Open to a flexible schedule including weekend hours.
- A valid class C Driver License, with no more than 5 active points and no suspensions/revocations within last 10 years.
- After hire, you must attend, complete, and pass a certification training requiring overnight stay Monday-Friday for 4 – 7 weeks.
- We will conduct a background check that includes a name and fingerprint-based criminal history record check.
- Selected candidates will be given conditional employment offers allowing you to begin training prior to background check results.
- Prior to beginning employment at a DMV office, you must have successful outcomes for your background check and training.
- There is a cost associated with the background check for new employees.
- The role may require you to be flexible to travel during the day and overnight on short notice.
- High School/GED diploma, and
- 2+ years of clerical, administrative, or paraprofessional experience resolving customer issues involving interviewing and explaining detailed information; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3D2uCZU
216 total views, 0 today