Driver License Examiner I
- Be the face of DMV and help us reduce our wait times while improving customer service in a high volume environment.
- Administer driving eligibility tests.
- Evaluate customers applying for classified Driver Licenses, Commercial Driver Licenses, Learner’s permits and State ID cards.
- Confirm customer’s knowledge of NC Motor Vehicle laws, identification of road signs, checking vision and observe/evaluate driving skills by riding with customers in their personal vehicle on a road test in all types of weather.
- Serve as a public advisor identifying possible health concerns with drivers.
- Advise customers of other available service programs.
- Help us reduce wait times and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure customer and court-ordered data is entered accurately into our reporting system.
- Ability to learn NC DMV policy, procedures, and laws to educate customers.
- Experience explaining policy, procedures, and/or laws to customers or the public.
- Excellent customer service skills with diverse customers.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and enjoy serving customers.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Skills to enter data into our databases and be a quick learner of our systems.
- Good decision making skills to evaluate information, research, report and make determinations for action.
- A collaborative team player skilled at working out solutions.
- Good typing skills and experience writing communications.
- A Commercial Driver’s License, with no more than 5 active points and no suspensions/revocations within last 10 years on driver license.
- The role may require you to be flexible to travel during the day and overnight on short notice.
- After hire, you will need to attend, complete, and pass a certification training requiring overnight stay Monday-Friday for 4 – 7 weeks.
- We will conduct a background check that includes a name and fingerprint-based criminal history record check. Selected candidates will be given conditional employment offers that allows you to begin training prior to our receipt of your background check results.
- A typing test may be administered when interviews are conducted.
- There is a cost associated with the background check for new employees.
- Experience with cash collection and disbursement is helpful.
- High School/GED diploma, and
- 2+ years of clerical, administrative, or paraprofessional experience solving customer issues involving interviewing and explaining detailed information; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3KHPhoo
236 total views, 0 today