Full-Time DPW Human Resource Manager (Personnel & Payroll Manager)
The City of Worcester is seeking qualified applicants for a DPW Human Resource Manager (Personnel & Payroll Manager) for the Department of Public Works & Parks. Under the direction of the Assistant Commissioner for Administration and Finance, the DPW Human Resource Manager is responsible for the oversight, coordination, and administration of the human resources functions for the Department of Public Works & Parks including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, demotion, disciplinary action, investigations, negotiations, policy development, and related actions.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Responsible for the oversight, coordination, and administration of the personnel functions of the DPW&P including but not limited to hiring, promotion, demotion, investigations, negotiations, disciplinary action, policy development, and related personnel actions in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Consult and work with the appropriate Human Resource staff to resolve civil service, disputes, collective bargaining issues, complaints, and general employment issues.
- Facilitate and participate in the progressive disciplinary process to include reporting, investigation, narrative reporting, performance improvement plans or corrective actions.
- Responsible for employee participation and completion of compliance training such as cyber security and ethics training.
- Prepare support documentation and paperwork as in support of department personnel actions.
- Create/draft all collective bargaining proposals and personnel policies specific to the Department.
- Participate in collective bargaining and contract negotiations and serve as one of the department’s representatives in collective bargaining negotiations, a witness at mediations, arbitrations, or other similar legal matters (i.e., Civil Service Commission, DIA, MCAD, termination hearings etc.).
- Required to attend workshops and/or training seminars to stay abreast of changes in human resource-related local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations, including Massachusetts collective bargaining statute (MGL Chapter 150E), and the provisions of the Public Records Law.
- Knowledge of Workers Compensation and FMLA regulations
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of municipal budgeting and standard operating practices.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain professionalism under different circumstances.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be a self-starter and to work and maintain highly confidential and sensitive department files and information.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a detailed, organized, and timely manner.
- Ability to conduct independent research and to prepare detailed, accurate reports and written correspondence.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Proficient in the operation of standard business software, Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, database management, and spreadsheet applications), internet research, web services
- Proficient with Workday HCM or similar human resources software systems
- Excellent organizational and recordkeeping skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in the area of personnel related policy development
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related discipline,
- A Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job will be considered in lieu of the above-mentioned requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent Communication skills
- Experience with employee supervision
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- Five (5) years of Human Resources experience as a Generalist, Employee Relations, Recruiter, Manager, or a related role
- Two (2) years of experience with employee supervision PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SCP or other HR certification
- Two (2) years of experience of working with state and federal employment laws
- Experience with Workday or other similar Human Resource software system
- Two (2) years of experience with collective bargaining
- Two (2) years of experience with policy development
SALARY RANGE: $75,721 – $99,368 annually, exempt, full-time, with an excellent benefits package
To apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2023, to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, **@Wo*********.gov.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2023, to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.
56 total views, 0 today