Full-Time Domain Architect – Cybersecurity (Hybrid) (#21-61675)
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
The Domain Architect provides specialized technical and business functional knowledge to a product or capability group (i.e., a collection of related teams within IT), translating requirements into blueprints for business process, data, infrastructure, applications, or platforms to be configured or created. Builds specialized expertise in one or more areas related to business or technology solutions design. As a specialist in a domain (an organized set of components based on technology, business, or organizational similarities, for example, Software Engineering, Application Platforms, Network, Gas Operations, etc.) or sub-domain, facilitates definition of technology or business architecture solutions, owning and maintaining standards, patterns, and reference architectures. Works closely with Enterprise Architects to ensure that design patterns align with Enterprise standards. Acts as an advisor, leveraging insight into technology trends and emerging practices within industry and area of technical specialty to drive product strategy and implementation for group.
Specifically, this position is focusing on cybersecurity with extensive backgrounds in application security, embedded security, network penetration testing, reverse engineering, exploit development, risk management and related Information Security disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements an architecture that optimizes for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, and availability. Coordinates and prioritizes resolution of all escalated activities, including testing, project management, and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes within domain.
- Shapes technical vision and strategy for a specific domain. Applies deep technical expertise and industry-specific functional knowledge to drive vision and execution. Ensures developed patterns, standards, solution designs, and technical architectures are consistent with domain vision and strategy. Facilitates implementation of architecture standards and patterns by product teams, emphasizing DevSecOps practices and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Participates in discovery and visioning phase to create a high-level design approach. Maintains awareness of technical and industry trends relevant to specialization area, applying deep technical expertise and industry-specific functional knowledge to shape vision and strategy.
- Maintains cross-business responsibilities by providing technical consultation and support to multiple organizations within company when issues arise. Advises on product architecture, roadmaps, and standards-aligned with business outcomes, IT strategy, and enterprise reference architectures. Frequently interacts with business stakeholders for area of expertise to integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities into domain strategy and technical roadmap. Works in alignment with enterprise architects to ensure that future state designs, patterns, and roadmap for area of responsibility are aligned to overall enterprise standards and technology strategy. Drives technical execution within area of responsibility. Works side by side with developers on new patterns ensuring alignment. Consults with agile teams to address design decisions. Coordinates with contractors to enable day-to-day activities.
- Assesses critical path and implementation of any projects required by business. Participates in quarterly planning. Assists with development of epics, stories, and features (i.e., units and groupings of work defined in an agile way, with stories being smallest unit delivered by a single team in a single two-week sprint) related to one architecture specialty. Collaborates with Product Owners and Group Product Owners to identify and define business value.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 8 years – Progressive experience in software engineering, technology design, and/or IT Architecture across multiple products, systems, and/or platforms. Must include experience in solution design, enterprise applications, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), middle-tier services, database management, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology.
- 2 years – Experience working as a senior contributor in one or more IT disciplines, designing IT solutions, systems, and/or applications and delivering IT Solution, systems, and/or applications.
- Packaged Platforms / Systems – Knowledge of technologies and Packaged Platform/Systems including SAP S/4 HANA, IBM, Oracle, Public Cloud services, etc.
- Development Languages – Knowledge and understanding of one or more IT programming languages and database architectures, and ability to write code and develop applications using those languages.
- Technology Trends – Demonstrates a strong understanding of emerging trends in the technology landscape, including new technologies, processes, and ways of working. Able to determine the impact of technological advancement on the company’s systems, applications, infrastructure, and practices.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Ability to participate in co-operative working relationships including knowledge sharing and partnership in achieving solutions within and across business or operational functions.
- Architecture Strategy – Strong ability to translate business strategy into objectives for technology, and to create a holistic enterprise architecture (application, data, and technical) that enables the capabilities that support the business strategy.
- Database and Storage Architecture – Knowledge of the fundamentals of how data is stored in a database and how it can be accessed by components of a system, including specifications, rules, and processes. Ability to create blueprints and designs that ensure appropriate access, storage, and flow of data.
- Information Security – Strong understanding of the fundamentals of information security, digital privacy measures, and cybersecurity practices, and the ability to incorporate strong security practices into technology systems and applications.
- Strategic / Visionary Thinking – Excellent strategic thinking skills, and the ability to apply unique business insights and make sound decisions aligned to business goals in order to create competitive advantage for the organization.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
- 1 year – Experience working with DevSecOps practices, including Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Application Modernization – Knowledge of techniques for refactoring, re-purposing or consolidation of legacy software programming to align it more closely with current business needs.
- DevSecOps Principles – Strong understanding of processes and concepts to drive the integration of development, operations, and security into enterprise software development to produce better outcomes.
- Cloud Delivery – Familiarity with different cloud computing delivery models, knowledge of cloud-based solutions for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS), and ability to deliver cloud-based technologies and systems.
- Distributed Computing and Virtualization – Familiarity with distributed computing models, and the ability to build, support or maintain a distributed computing infrastructure.
- Enterprise Architecture – Strong understanding of the end-to-end value chain of the organization, and ability to document and define the current IT landscape and processes, as well as the future state technology needs of the organization as determined by business strategy.
- Agile Methodologies – Knowledge of concepts, including Agile Scrum and/or Kanban, and application of Agile methodology (e.g., Lean, SAFe, LeSS) for project management to be able to design, implement and manage projects.
- Operational and working knowledge of OpenText Document Presentment (Extream), Classic Extream, Archive Center, Content Server/xECM and Digital Asset Media Management in addition to integration with SAP.
- Experience on OpenText landscape administration, configuration and troubleshooting skills.
May require work outside of normal business hours and/or 24/7 response availability for system and application maintenance, enhancements, production releases and/or operational emergencies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.
How to ApplyPlease APPLY HERE
36 total views, 1 today