Full-Time Division Proposals Engineer
- Review plans, estimating quantities and project files to determine if the data is correct and in accordance with the planning report, technical data, and current NCDOT and FHWA policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and critique estimates, plans and proposals prepared and submitted by NCDOT units or by consultant engineering firms, municipalities or counties to ensure that they have been prepared in accordance with NCDOT policies and procedures, federal requirements and technical data pertaining to each project.
- Instruct and direct corrections of errors made with any plans, proposals, and quantity estimates.
- Evaluate utility conflicts, required relocation coordination, and ensure appropriate cost estimates and Project Special Provisions are developed for projects.
- Review plans designed by other NCDOT units and consultants.
- Create contract proposals including proper selection and writing of required special provisions and reviewing provisions submitted by other DOT units or consultants.
- Ensure all pay items not covered by the standard specifications have a special provision explaining the work involved and method of measurement for payment.
- Establish disadvantaged, minority and women-owned (DBE/MBE/WBE ) business goals.
- Generate and review contract quantities.
- Formulate official engineer’s estimates.
- Determine contract time and enter data into computer applications.
- Assist in advertising projects on division letting website.
- Conduct bid letting process including bid opening, review to ensure compliance with NCDOT goals, policies and standards; and awarding/execution of contracts.
- Manage contract documents post-letting to facilitate construction administration including establishing Construction folder on Connect/SharePoint and populating with final bid plans, awarded contract, and supporting project documentation.
- Manage construction revisions for Division-let projects, including issuance of revised plans, quantities, and special provisions, and archiving replaced files.
- Enter data into online database platforms, such as APlus and AASHTOWare.
- Experience planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently or with limited supervision.
- Customer service experience related to resolving problems and that involve explaining engineering concepts to various customer groups.
- Experience assimilating large amounts of data to properly plan, prioritize, track progress, and monitor various projects and program.
- Computer skills using SAP/online databases and Microsoft Office.
- Thorough knowledge of programming, planning, scheduling, and funding procedures.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of engineering concepts, practices, and theories used in construction project proposal development.
- Experience maintaining effective working relationships with NCDOT staff, consultants, contractors, and public officials while managing conflicts and deadlines.
- Experience with project development concepts and construction processes, using these skills to resolve issues and develop proposals.
- Strong skills in organizing resources, planning, scheduling and coordinating work in order to maintain schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and
- 3+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
- Management prefers candidates who can safely operate a motor vehicle.
Call me: Carolyn McDonald at (919) 317-4700.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/42vbakbc
53 total views, 0 today