Full-Time Director, PR and Media
Everland exists to support communities in their efforts to protect their forests and wildlife and improve their livelihoods, resulting in climate change mitigation and biodiversity conservation benefiting everyone. We do this by helping communities in the developing world monetize their forest and biodiversity assets by marketing Verified Emissions Reductions (VERs) from the world’s most impactful REDD+ projects. This generates critical resources to support conservation activities on the ground. We support conservation projects that go beyond the requirements of REDD+ verification, representing only projects that demonstrate transformative impacts for forest conservation, wildlife protection, and community livelihood development.
We are a values-driven company. We believe that in order to deliver on our purpose and serve our stakeholders, the organization must embody the kind of change we want to help create in the world. We do this through our commitment to practicing a set of core values and personal commitments that reflect the ethos of the company, and which animate our interactions with one another and our stakeholders.
Everland strives to create a culture of diversity and inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of any and all backgrounds to apply.
- Care of the Earth
- Care for People
- Fair share
- Give our very best
- Be of service to all
- Be reliable: I do what I say I will do
- Be receptive: Observe non-judgmentally, listen deeply
- Be transparent, be truthful, be trusting, be trustworthy
- Be empathetic: Understand deeply the work, needs, interests, and limitations of all of our stakeholders – and ourselves
- Personal growth: Constant development of skills and knowledge
Purpose of Role:
At Everland we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Director, PR and Media to join our rapidly growing international team. The primary purpose of the Director, PR and Media is to advance Everland’s mission across priority media outlets and to defend the reputation and the positioning of REDD+ projects. We’re looking for a PR and media expert with experience, drive and creativity who can help set an agenda, lead debate and deliver tangible outcomes for the good of threatened forests and communities.
The Director, PR and Media will be tenacious and hardworking – relentlessly pitching story ideas. The individual will know the inner workings of newsrooms and how to achieve cut-through on the news agenda. They will know where to pitch thought-provoking comment, how to place long-form features and, if needed, help to confute a story. We work in a contentious space – fighting for highly threatened forests, so the individual will need to be cool under pressure, react quickly, spot media opportunities and craft effective rebuttals. They will have the support of a highly collaborative, on-to-it leadership who highly value the art of good PR and Media.
The individual will report to and work closely with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications. This is a remote position that is ideally based in the UK or US (NY, DC, IL).
- Lead the development and delivery of a global, integrated Media & PR strategy that presents a consistent and compelling narrative of Everland and REDD+ projects supporting communities in their efforts to protect their forests and wildlife.
- Proactively sell-in stories to journalists, achieving high quality and quantity of positive media engagement and earned media coverage in support of Everland and the REDD+ endeavor.
- Provide appropriate recommendation, coaching and guidance to leadership on all risk and reputation communications and, when appropriate, acting as the spokesperson or briefing appropriate spokespeople.
- Develop and implement a crisis communications and preparedness plan for all risk issues.
- Build relationships with strategic journalists to promote REDD+ as a mechanism to protect forests, and the projects we represent.
- Write and ghost media content such as comment pieces, blogs, news stories and features.
- Overseeing responses to high-level media requests.
- Organizing strategic press conferences, media launches, interviews, and PR events.
- Lead our spokesperson strategy, ensuring regular media training, clear messaging, talking points, briefings, and risk counsel.
- Closely monitor the news cycle positioning Everland as a go to source of information for our sector.
- Organize, manage, and lead media trips with strategic journalists to projects.
- Management of agencies, and/or freelancers, creating strong working relationships and managing their outputs.
- Management of media contacts, database tools and journalist lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Passion for making a difference for forest conservation, wildlife protection, and community livelihood development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 12 years related work experience as a journalist or media professional.
- In depth knowledge of journalism and news cycles.
- Strong media writing, editing, and communicating capabilities, and communicating complex messages for non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing agencies, freelancers, and vendor relationships.
- Experience working with a multicultural, international audience and a globally dispersed team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Actual compensation is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and specific work location.
- UK Comp Range: GBP 70,000-90,000
- US Comp Range: USD 125,000-140,000
How to ApplyHow to apply: Please apply through this link and attach your resume and cover letter as one single file: https://everland.freshteam.com/jobs/rZvsWbVFVD_N/director-pr-and-media-remote. Please submit your applications by 30th April 2023.
277 total views, 7 today