Full-Time Director, Policy, and Counsel Search
The National Urban League (NUL) seeks a Director, Policy, and Counsel in the Washington Bureau located in Washington DC. The Director will support the work of the Washington Bureau in representing the interests of the National Urban League mission and its affiliates before policy and decision-makers. The Director’s primary role will be to conduct legal policy research and analysis and provide technical support to Urban League affiliates and senior leadership as it relates to various civil rights-related policy and advocacy matters. The Director will also have an active role in shaping the Urban League’s policy priorities in policy and advocacy work, including issues related to fair courts, criminal justice and policing reform, reentry and equal employment, fair housing and lending, voting rights, and democracy, and other civil rights matters before Congress and the administration. This role will report to the Vice President, Policy.
- Contribute to developing advocacy and engagement materials that advance the Urban League’s legal policy and civil rights agendas.
- Conduct research and policy analysis and help senior staff in the development of reports, presentations, opinion articles, fact sheets, and other advocacy materials.
- Contribute to developing impactful advocacy and engagement tools to support state and local efforts of Urban League Affiliate CEOs.
- Monitor federal legislative and regulatory activity in Congress and the administration.
- Draft legislative language, comments on administrative rules, and guidance and policy statements.
- Produce policy overviews, strategic memos, and actionable recommendations on civil rights issues across portfolios.
- Represent the Urban League as necessary in meetings with national partner organizations and coalitions.
- Serve as a liaison and partner to our program divisions, including the Equitable Justice and Strategic Initiatives Division, Workforce Development Division, and Housing and Community Development Division on national policy initiatives.
- Law Degree or Master’s Degree in Public Policy or a comparable field required.
- Three or more years of related work experience.
- Experience in a legislative role in Congress, national nonprofit organization, federal agency, think tank, or other organization advancing civil rights and/or social justice policy.
To make recommendations or express interest in this opportunity, please use the “express interest” or “make a nomination” links at the top of this page, or submit your materials to nu*******************@di*******.com All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
How to ApplyApply via https://diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/19791-nul-director-policy-and-counsel/
59 total views, 1 today