Full-Time Director of Web Development – Office of Marketing Communications OMC
The Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) supports the College of ACES core activities of teaching, research, and outreach. OMC provides numerous services ranging from website strategy, user experience and content development to creating communications and marketing materials for faculty and staff of the College of ACES.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Primary Position Function/Summary
The Director of Web Development will provide leadership, be a creative thinker, and have significant project management experience to lead the Web Management and Support team.
This role will work collaboratively with the Assistant Dean of Marketing Communications to develop and execute a creative overall strategic plan for the ACES website presence and to manage enhancements of the college and college’s departmental and office websites.
The Director will provide leadership that advance the mission and goals of the College of ACES, including elevating visibility and awareness of the College, along with bolstering recruitment and donor engagement. These efforts will include integrating and enhancing marketing efforts into website efforts by collaborating with the Office of Marketing Communications entire team.
The Director will build relationships with faculty and staff across the College including within the Office of Research, Office of Academic Programs, Office of International Programs, and Office of Advancement, each of the seven Academic Departments, and various other units and program units as it relates to web services. The Director will work with University and campus units to ensure consistency with University and campus direction and representation of the college’s interests.
This position is a 100% full time professional position. The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish the strategic goals and future direction of the college’s website presence with close collaboration with the College of ACES administration and department heads to establish the strategic goals and future direction of the college’s website presence
- Provide administrative and project management leadership for the Web Management and Support (WMS) team
- Lead website projects from conceptualization to launch managing project requirements, milestones, timelines, and personnel
- Manage and implement efforts to define site maps, conduct content audits, support content development and management processes, optimize performance, and improve accessibility for the college, departmental and administrative offices websites
- Participate in all aspects of website development: analysis, planning, implementation, testing and evaluation
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge in internet-based technologies, and provide insight, advice, and recommendations on future concepts, development, and direction of college web services
- Oversee all activities within the unit to ensure work is complete, timelines are met, and new activities are appropriately scheduled
- Establish guidelines and procedures for providing unit services and work with staff and clientele to resolve any difficult situations that might arise
- Serve as supervisor and manager of the unit’s personnel
- Assure website and related projects adhere to college design and brand standards
- Respond timely to questions and requests for assistance; provide professional advice and assistance to faculty and staff regarding the creation or revision of website pages and information
- Be an advocate for web-based communications for ACES
- Facilitate the resolution of website problems in conjunction with other information technology staff
- Work with the Office of Marketing Communications team to effectively plan and manage the unit’s budget to ensure the unit is adequately resourced including personnel, equipment, software, training, and supplies
- Develop and document requirements for website projects based on client’s requests to develop and document requirements for website projects
- Advise faculty, administrators, and staff on key aspects of the college’s web presence through meetings, training opportunities and presentations
- Collaborate with the Office of Marketing Communications team to executive key college marketing communication initiatives including but not limited to integrating website marketing efforts (google ads, search engine optimization) and to ensure that websites are consistent with other print and digital communications
- Assume additional related responsibilities to enhance the mission of the college and unit
- Collaborate closely with the associate deans for the Office of Research, University of Illinois Extension, Office of Academic Programs, Office of International Programs, and heads for each of the seven academic departments and various other units and programs.
The Director of Web Development reports directly to the Assistant Dean of the Office of Marketing Communications, ACES – OMC.
Bachelor degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum of eight years of experience in the design, creation, and implementation of professional websites, or combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the requirements of the position.
- Significant project management experience in a multi-client, multi-project web development environment.
- Proven ability to identify and meet project requirements and deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to manage a unit of professional staff.
- Excellent organizational skills; able to manage multiple long-term projects along with often urgent smaller tasks.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present to clients.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to multitask, work in a team-oriented environment as well as work independently.
- Expert knowledge of website development process from idea concept through implementation including but not limited to web coding standards, accessibility requirements, and responsive web design.
- Three or more years of experience in leading or managing a web development and services unit including department management, systems implementation, project management, and/or customer relations.
- Background working with search engine optimization, digital marketing, and website integration.
- Experience with the Drupal and/or WordPress web content management systems (CMS).
- Certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience with web hosting including Amazon Web Services and cPanel.
- Understanding of a large research university like the University of Illinois, the historical role of a land grant institution, as well as, Extension philosophies and methodologies.
How to ApplyApplication Procedures: A candidate profile should be created at jobs.illinois.edu. Please upload a letter of application and resume. In addition, step one of the online application will require the names and contact information of three professional references. All requested information must be submitted by September 2, 2019 for your application to be considered for this position. For further information about this position, contact Search Chair Brianna Gregg via e-mail at email@example.com. For questions about the online application process, please contact 217-333-2137. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Comprehensive background checks will be conducted.
29 total views, 1 today