Full-Time DIRECTOR OF RESOURCE AND SUPPORT SERVICES
DIRECTOR OF RESOURCE AND SUPPORT SERVICES
FULL-TIME: 40 Hours per week
We are seeking an experienced licensed, independent, clinical social worker to serve as our Director of Resource and Support Services (RSS) who will provide culturally responsive, short-term, and long-term counseling to adult immigrant clients. The role includes supervising a program manager, clinical social worker, outreach coordinator, master level social work intern, and serving on the Center’s leadership team. This is a partially grant funded position with two thirds of the role directly, or indirectly, supporting Irish immigrants in New England.
Counseling, Crisis Intervention, & Case management:
- Screen and assess immigrant clients for safety in crisis, or in emergency situations, facilitating referral to emergency services / appropriate treatment program. Plan and implement follow-up and aftercare programs.
- Collaborate closely with staff from our immigration legal services, education program, and international learning exchange teams to refer clients between
- Provide psychotherapy services to adult immigrant clients, monitor client progress, modify treatment plans as needed, and maintain client records from initial contact through post-treatment
- Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health and medical professionals as appropriate and act as a liaison between clients and external service providers.
- Support Rian staff with crisis management and consultations as
- Engage supervision support on a regular
Program Management, Community Education and Outreach
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in the immigrant community, including treatment and resources in mental health such as depression, anxiety, domestic violence, grief, and
- Maintain relationships with organizations and community health centers, and other post-treatment agencies in the greater Boston area, to increase awareness of Rian’s services, exchange information and
- Coordinate educational events with partners to provide preventative health opportunities.
Management and Leadership
- Supervise and support clinical social worker, Resource and Support Services Manager, Outreach coordinator & Intern Manager, and a social work intern.
- Support Rian’s mission and the efforts of other Rian
- Provide bi-monthly and as-needed data and
- Supervise data
- Participate in Rian and RSS meetings to plan activities, trainings, events,
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with other
- Perform other tasks as needed
- A commitment to the overall mission and values of Rian
- LICSW in Massachusetts required.
- Previous experience providing outpatient therapy, preferably working with trauma, immigration, and/or suicide
- Multi-Lingual preferred, Spanish highly desired, or Portuguese or
- Previous experience in program development, outreach and
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Self-starter, capable of managing staff and work under pressure in certain
- Excellent interpersonal skills – friendly, helpful, “can do”
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse
- Basic competence in MS word, and excel is
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of
- Familiarity with multicultural groups, previous work experience in a multicultural setting
Status: Exempt employee 40 Hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
ABOUT RIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER
Rian Immigrant Center offers a comprehensive, multi-service approach to supporting families from more than 126 countries. Rian provides the immigration legal, resource and support services, and educational support immigrants need to gain stability, security, and build pathways to success. Rian was founded in 1989 by a group of immigrants, and we have assisted over 40,000 immigrants make successful transitions to new beginnings in New England.
In addition to our services, rooted in the tradition of welcoming others and social justice, we help newcomers ﬁnd community, and stand up for immigration policies that are humane and just. We are proud to continue the tradition of welcoming immigrants to this country and working together to create a better future for all. Rian strives to intentionally create an environment for staff, individuals we serve and others, that fosters intercultural belonging, and is anti-racist and equitable. We are committed to valuing and promoting anti-racist ideas and policies.
Working at Rian:
Our staﬀ of thirty; immigration attorneys, social workers, educators, youth workers and others, bring enthusiasm and a commitment to our mission and the work at the Center. We work as one team. Our generous beneﬁts package includes health beneﬁts, 20 vacation days, 15 holidays, 5 sick days, a 403(b) plan, and occasional oﬀ-site community building time together.
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume as a PDF to email@example.com with RSS Director as the subject line. Rian Immigrant Center is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed or religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability. We encourage applications from all those interested and qualiﬁed.
936 total views, 0 today