Full-Time Director Of Operations
ettitude is a direct-to-consumer sustainable lifestyle brand offering modern bedding, bath and sleepwear products made from the world’s first CleanBamboo™ fabric. On a quest to make the world a more comfortable place, today and in 100 years, our innovative fabrics are feathery soft, extremely breathable, antimicrobial, and water-saving, resulting in products that are better for you and the planet.
Founded in Melbourne in 2014, ettitude launched its US business in Nov 2017, further accelerating an already rapid growth pattern. We are a diverse team from around the world, all who share a genuine and authentic connection to the same mission. At ettitude, sustainability is the watchword for everything we do. We don’t just make sustainable products, we also support sustainable relationships, work practices, and lifestyles.
ettitude provides equal opportunities without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
We’re excited to expand the growing team with a Director of Operations position, based out of our Los Angeles office. Come join us!
About the role:
To help us continue our growth, we are seeking an experienced Director of Operations to lead ettitude’s operations team focusing on sourcing, manufacturing, production, global planning and merchandising, logistics, warehousing, corporate operations, customer experience and potentially retail operations in the future.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven management experience in a highly dynamic setting. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. You’ll work closely with the 2 co-founders to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success at ettitude.
An experienced, hands-on leader, our ideal candidate has strong analytical and quantitative skills, including logistics budgeting, problem solving and management skills. This position reports to the CEO and is based in Los Angeles.
COVID-19 Hiring: To protect the health and safety of our employees, 100% of our staff is working remotely until further notice. That said, all of our recruiting, interviews, and onboarding activities are virtual. Thank you for your flexibility.
Objectives of this Role
– Collaborate with founders in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans for operational efficiency and increased productivity
– Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and collaboration with other departments as well as external partners and vendors
– Recommending and implementing scalable solutions for improvement
– Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
– Lead team with integrity, establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
– Manage weekly and quarterly sell-in/sell-thru/inventory planning and forecasting by partnering with marketing, B2B and founders
– Generate and maintain a master catalog of products each season, including the creation of SKUs and UPCs
– Perform SKU-level forecasting and analysis across all ettitude products and geographies to measure margin impact to quarterly financial plans
– Built extensive models resulting in clearer executive communications and improved forecasting by applying multiple methodologies, sensitivity analyses, and multi-scenario planning
– Coordinate demand generation and volume projections
– Present and drive decisions with executive team in weekly business updates
– Liaise with suppliers, freight forwarders, 3PLs, and other external partners to ensure timely product deliveries
– Oversee and optimize all shipping, receiving, and return processing
– Negotiate contracts with 3PL and small parcel carriers to ensure small parcel rates meet the highest service levels at the lowest possible cost
– Establish processes for tracking, goal monitoring, and forecasting regarding inbound shipments
– Establish SLA and goals for fulfillment: speed, accuracy, processing time, and compliance
– Proactively communicate operational changes and limitations to leadership to enable quick decision making in other departments
– Implement systems and automation to find scalability and efficiency in operational tasks
– Manage order flow at all 3PLs to ensure orders are being prioritized, exceptions managed in advance, and orders keep flowing to meet customer requested delivery dates
– Oversee Customer Experience operations, insuring high quality of service with in-house and outsourced agents
– Own inbound and outbound transportation and logistics with key goals of improving delivery time to customers and reducing the cost of transportation
– Lead strategic supply chain decisions involving major routing changes, new sites for manufacturing plants and/or locations for new distribution centers
– Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure supply chain integrity
– Leverage strong analytical and negotiation skills to improve costs across the board
– Develop tools, reports and communication cadence to ensure fruitful collaboration across departments and vendors
– Plan future product launches by working alongside key stakeholders to forecast long term demand
– Responsible for supply and demand planning, ensuring hitting company financial targets while maximizing inventory efficiency
Skills and Qualifications
– Bachelor’s Degree+ in business administration or related field
– 7+ years in the appropriate field, reaching leadership roles
– Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
– Skilled in Operations Management, Customer Service, Retail, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management.
– Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
– Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
– Previous experience managing and/or coaching other team members
– Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
– Negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
– Organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
– Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., Netsuite, SAP, Oracle, etc)
– Working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
Benefits & Perks:
– Vacation Days (PTO): 15 vacation days per year. Plus, an additional 2 vacation days are granted with each year of employment, up to a total maximum of 20 vacation days annually. Unused PTO days carry over.
– 11 Public Holidays
– Annual paid activism and volunteerism leave: 1 day
– Sick Days (Personal/Carer’s Leave): 10 days per year of employment. Unused sick days carry over.
– Paid bereavement leave: 2 days per occasion
– Health insurance: up to 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees & families (depending on plan selected)
– Parental leave policy: up to 18 weeks of leave total, with 12 weeks fully paid for parents of any gender (with at least 12 months tenure at the company)
– $1000 allowance per year for self-development (continuing education, conference fees, technology – computer, headphones, etc)
– During COVID: monthly phone/internet allowance of $50; weekly happy hour allowance $10; monthly team lunch allowance $15
– Post-COVID lockdowns: up to 3 times a week work remotely flexibility
– Other available services: 401k, short- and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending account, legal insurance
– 50% off ettitude products
How to ApplyPlease email email@example.com and in subject put "pink jobs application"
142 total views, 2 today