Full-Time Director of Finance
Sankofa Community Development Corporation’s mission is to build healthier communities for generations to come. Sankofa’s programs make healthy living accessible to vulnerable populations by building sustainable long-term solutions through access, empowerment, and transformation. Sankofa transforms the built environment in the Lower Ninth Ward through health-centered developments.
Sankofa CDC is seeking a highly mission- and impact-driven financial leader to support the sustainable, smooth, and efficient financial operations of Sankofa CDC, a 501c3 non-profit organization. The Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the inflows and outflows of funds during the fiscal period and the long term, ensuring transactions are managed and recorded, and fairly projected. The Director of Finance designs and develops budgetary principles, internal control processes, and guidelines to optimize budget performance and impact, overseeing budgeting, and the financial results of funding and spending activities. This position must understand nonprofit finance, accounting, and systems with an ability to fiscally manage the organization in the areas of accounting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, grants administration, operations and capital spending and financial reporting. The Director of Finance will report to the CEO and work closely with management team and accounting consultants to ensure sustainability, effectiveness, and efficiency of Sankofa CDC.
The Director of Finance position is located in New Orleans, Louisiana. Local candidates are preferred; however, out of state applicants may be considered.
Roles and Responsibility
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Monitor progress and changes in financial status and keep the CEO and board abreast of Sankofa CDC’s financial status.
- Prepare standard and ongoing financial reports for the CEO and Board that are meaningful, detailed, and understandable.
- Oversee all financial, project/program, and grants accounting and compile financial reporting materials for all donor segments.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and lead all audit activity, including the annual audit process.
- Execute payroll and maintain accrued annual employee benefits.
- Make recommendations to the CEO and Board’s audit and finance committee on financial operating models and delivery.
- Lead annual budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the CEO, senior leadership team and finance committee.
- Administer and review all budgets (operations, programs, cash, grants, etc.) with monitoring and reporting of progress and updates.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting, as well as accounts payable and accounts receivable by working with program leads to assess the financial efficacy of program operations.
- Establish finance and administrative systems to support operations.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, cost allocations, program budget applications, and expenditures.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system.
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to, and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Minimum of a BA, MBA/CPA or related degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience in nonprofit; broad financial and operations management experience preferred.
- A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential.
- Experience final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area is preferred.
- Proficient in utilizing Bill.com and QuickBooks Online for efficient financial management and reporting.
- Strategic and critical thinker with personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Sankofa CDC.
- Ability to translate financial concepts and effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who may not have finance backgrounds.
- Experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; including knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
This role is eligible to participate in Sankofa Community Development Corporation benefits that include 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance with the option to add additional employee-paid coverage, if desired. This role is also eligible for paid time off and holidays. In addition, professional development resources are available to enable your continued professional growth.
• Full Time, Exempt position
• Partial hybrid work schedule is possible, and remote options may be available.
$100,000 to $110,000 (dependent on experience)
Sankofa is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range of communities we serve and is an equal opportunity employer. Sankofa CDC believes in creating a more equitable playing field for applicants and values the depth of relevant skills built through successful education, work, and life experiences. If your background and skills are a close match for this position, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyPlease click here to apply.
48 total views, 1 today