Full-Time Director of Family Engagement
The Partnership is looking for a Director of Family Engagement who will be responsible for comprehensive strategy and implementation of all family engagement initiatives within and on behalf of the Partnership’s network of eighteen schools. The Director of Family Engagement will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing school-based family engagement initiatives across our network of schools as well as our signature Parent College program. This role focuses on capacity building and serves as the coach/liaison to traditional public school administrators on implementing effective family and community engagement strategies to support school transformation. The Director of Family Engagement will work closely with the Partnership’s school administrators, coordinators, and Family Action Teams. This role also includes the management of the Partnership’s Family Engagement Team. The Director will report to Chief External Officer.
The Director of Family Engagement’s key responsibilities include the following:
Lead the development and execution of the Partnership’s school-level capacity building to increase family engagement as a strategy to support school transformation.
Serve as a family engagement coach/liaison for the network of K-12 Partnership schools.
Oversee strategy for expansion of Parent College to new sites within and outside of LAUSD via consulting services as well as the continued growth in regional and national exposure for the program.
Develop and lead a series of professional development trainings for Family Action Team Leads, Family Action Teams, and other multi-stakeholder groups around family engagement.
Coach school leaders, including Family Action Team Leads, in working with their school teams to develop and implement their school’s strategic plan for family engagement.
Build professional capacity at school sites to establish a more inclusive, resourceful and culturally informed support network for parents, especially at the parent centers.
Provide value-added support for events and activities connected to family engagement at Partnership schools.
When issues arise, support case management of parent concerns, including responding to all parent concerns in a timely manner, facilitating meetings between concerned parents and school administrators with goal of finding a resolution, documenting all parent cases, and ensuring proper protocol is followed.
Supervise the full-time manager and part-time outreach team members who drive the Parent College program.
Supervise staff and consultants in developing and implementing school-based strategic plans, professional development trainings, and coaching for Family Action Team Leads and Family Action Teams.
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
– Deep understanding of community context in one or more of the three communities in which the Partnership operates schools (Watts, Boyle Heights, South LA) and ability to quickly learn community context
– Passion for improving education and dramatically increasing achievement and life outcomes for low‐income students of color; a belief that all students can reach high levels of achievement with support from adults, including parents and the community
– Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; adaptable when managing multiple, shifting priorities; ease at managing competing demands and determining priorities independently
– Experience working with cross-functional teams that promote family engagement practices and organizational academic priorities.
– Leadership experiences in designing, organizing, and facilitating professional development for adult learners, as well as providing highly impactful coaching cycles to deepen learning from professional development
– Demonstrated ability to motivate, inspire, and build strong working and mentoring relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including being able to elevate family engagement strategies that promote school transformation through senior leaders and school leaders
– Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability to utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis to support decision-making
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas simply and succinctly
– Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and limited direction
– Strong computer and technology skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with Google docs, and interest in and ability to learn new platforms
– Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with school principals, assistant principals, school staff, Partnership colleagues, community partners, and families
– Ability to maintain discretion regarding confidential matters
– Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred
– Values, champions, and promotes diversity and inclusion
– Ability to effectively communicate across individual differences and understand the complexity of elements important to members of other cultures/groups
– Strong belief in the Partnership’s mission, approach, and core values
– A positive outlook, adaptability, and a sense of possibility in stressful situations
– Reflective, lifelong learner
An earned master’s degree or advanced degree from an accredited university is desired but not required.
7-10 years experience in teaching, education field or supporting parent engagement community organizing, social service, school/community capacity building, systems-thinking, technical assistance, and/or coalition building.
3-5 years of successful people management, supervision, and coaching experience preferred
Ability to travel between home office and schools in South LA, Boyle Heights, and Watts (must have a valid driver’s license)
Ability to attend events occasionally in evening and on weekends including playing a role in Parent College.
Willingness and ability to support tasks that require packing, lifting, moving, and transporting materials (such as boxes, water bottles, and other training materials) to and from school sites
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a year-round, full-time exempt position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The Partnership offers a competitive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance, and a 403(b) retirement program.
How to ApplyTo apply please visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=p6223&fs=1.0em
103 total views, 1 today