Full-Time Director of Enterprise Applications (Salesforce)
Title: Director of Enterprise Applications (Salesforce)
Reporting to: VP, Information Technology
Direct Reports: 4
Compensation: $120,000 – $140,000 (Annually)
This is a full-time, hybrid position based out of our New York City office. It is expected that some duties will be performed on-site at least 2 days a week, and some remotely, with the understanding that government and public health guidelines will help determine the extent to which it is safe to carry out in-person and onsite activities.
All candidates must be within commutable distance of SEO’s offices at 55 Exchange Place, New York, NY 10005, upon hire.
The Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for strategy and operational oversight of the SEO core application portfolio while managing and leading Salesforce operations. We are seeking an experienced, people- and process-focused expert to set strategy for SEO’s growing enterprise application ecosystem.
Who You Are
In the role of our Director, you will act as a thought leader driving vision around consolidated support and automation for all SEO platforms. To be a successful candidate for this position, you must be experienced in business analysis and process improvement, adept at balancing and prioritizing the needs of multiple stakeholders, and committed to serving SEO’s mission and business. You should come equipped with previous experience with large enterprise application environments serving multiple departments, have customized applications, and implemented cross-functional CRM, application, data reporting and analysis technology across a national organization. Moreover, you are a people manager and mentor who is skilled at solving the logistical, security, and operational issues for different teams while managing resources and large-scale projects. You are experienced in change management and driving adoption, listening well to stakeholder needs, and designing, customizing, and solutioning to best meet those requirements, while managing a growing internal team and vendors.
What You’ll Do
- Lead team that manages enterprise portfolio of software application solutions, including solutions analysis and recommendations, development and planning, configuration and maintenance, testing and quality assurance, deployment and implementation, and ongoing maintenance and life cycle management
- Lead a team of staff and consultants that manage the Salesforce ecosystem. Responsible for Salesforce strategy, vision, and roadmap for SEO.
- Coordinate with Operations, Executive and Program leadership on data and content management, application standards and support, security, and enterprise IT strategy
- Maintain open channel to stakeholder teams to fully understand their operational needs and properly prioritize and implement them
- Design efficient processes and ensure they are well-documented and users are well trained; design reports/processes to ensure data integrity and proper data entry
- Sets enterprise application organizational strategy in conjunction with IT leadership, based on organizational objectives and input and feedback from stakeholder teams
- Ensure strategic goals are met and enterprise application initiatives are executed efficiently
- Design and execute a training program for new users, and grow the enterprise application skill set across the organization
- “Own” all Salesforce-related contracts and initiatives, acting as the primary liaison to external vendors and setting timelines and priorities
- Design, implement, and manage a change control process for enterprise applications to efficiently and methodically accommodate teams’ desired updates and adjustments
- Proactively evaluate new application releases to determine functional requirements and provide analysis on how changes may impact users; roll upgrade planning into the change management process
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data and trends in new technologies for storage architecture, capacity, and response time
- Work with IT security team to perform security checks and auditing on enterprise application platforms as required
- Manage a team of two Salesforce Administrators, one Application Support Engineer, and outside IT consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management or equivalent experience in field.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience working with enterprise applications including direct experience as a business analyst, product manager, or systems administrator. Background and passion for EdTech strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of direct and progressive people management experience with a proven track record of leading teams to high performance. Must have well-developed people management skills with a keen ability to lead across differences, effectively resolve conflicts, and apply consultative skills to determine professional development needs for team members at every level.
- Thorough knowledge of business applications including O365, Google, Box and Monday is required; CRM Salesforce.com Administrator Certification (ADM 201) or (ADM 301) preferred. Experience with Salesforce App Exchange apps like Box, HeyMarket, Mass Action Scheduler, Declarative Lookup Roll-up Summaries, and Zoom are also a plus.
- Strong data and reporting proficiencies including experience with Salesforce Data Loader, BI and data visualization tools, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles, ideally formal training and/or working knowledge of Agile, lean, or similar development methodologies.
- An ability to communicate business needs to technical teams and translate highly technical terms to non-technical audiences; must be skilled in cultivating effective, clear communication in your direct reports.
- A passion for closing opportunity gaps for under-resourced and underrepresented communities is non-negotiable.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SEO offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plan including low-cost health, vision, and dental options, a generous holiday schedule and PTO policies, disability coverage, fully paid time off for new parents, and employer contributions to health reimbursement and retirement accounts. We are constantly working to improve our benefits each year based on the needs of our employees. We value wellness and strive to consistently use a DEIB lens to put people first and foremost.
The compensation listed in this posting reflects what SEO believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position. SEO reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time.
At SEO we are committed to cultivating a team that embodies the backgrounds and experiences of the constituencies we serve and the communities we live in, and a workplace that reflects the impact we make in the world. Candidates from historically excluded and underrepresented communities – including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ Community, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it is our commitment.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other legally protected status.
If you need accommodation while applying for a role with SEO, due to a disability, please email SEO Talent.
Who We Are
At Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO), our mission is to create a more equitable society by closing the academic and career opportunity gaps for young people from underserved and/or underrepresented backgrounds. For over 50 years, SEO has been an innovator in education and mentorship, creating educational programs and career opportunities that maximize the full potential of participants. Our impact relies on the courage, talent and commitment of our people: Grounded in our core value of “People First,” SEO’s vision is to become an employer of choice for people passionate about helping young people from underserved or underrepresented communities reach their full potential.
Established in 1963 by Michael Osheowitz, SEO (Sponsors for Educational Opportunity), is an educational non-profit focused on improving outcomes for students from underserved and historically underrepresented backgrounds. For over 50 years, SEO has been an innovator in education, mentorship, and creating educational programs and opportunities that maximize the full potential of our students. Each year SEO serves 6,000+ participants nationally and the organization is widely recognized for developing best-in-class programs with exceptional results.
Not every SEO participant is on the same journey, but all are hungry for opportunity. SEO creates an ecosystem of excellence: empowering individuals to move from high school through college, from underserved communities to middle class (SEO Scholars), from underrepresented interns to prestigious careers (SEO Career and SEO Law), from successful professionals to positions of economic influence (SEO Alternative Investments). We propel human potential.
- SEO Scholars is a free, eight-year, academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college – with a 90% college graduation 100% of SEO Scholars are accepted to four-year colleges, with 85% being first-generation college graduates. More than 75% of current SEO Scholars are attending a top 100 college based on the US News and World Report rankings.
- SEO Career is the nation’s premier professional development program, providing Black, Hispanic, and Native American undergrads with everything they need to land an internship: industry exposure, career guidance, interview skills, and intensive Approximately 80% of SEO Career interns receive full-time job offers from SEO Career partners before they graduate college. SEO Interns earn an average of $10,000 per summer. SEO Career partners with 150+ corporations and organizations offering summer internships.
- SEO Alternative Investments provides education, exposure, training, and mentoring opportunities for talented professionals traditionally underrepresented in the Alternative Investments SEO Alternative Investments Programming includes a Fellowship Program and an annual conference. The Fellows program has over 200 partner firms and 90% of Fellows secure roles in the Alternative Investments industry.
- SEO Law is the only program of its kind, offering talented, incoming, underrepresented law school students the opportunity to secure a paid internship at a top law firm the summer before law The SEO Law Fellowship program has an impressive network of more than 1,600+ SEO Law alumni, who have gone on to work as Chief Legal Officers, U.S. District Attorneys, Deputy/Assistant Attorneys General, U.S. District Court Judges, and U.S. Cabinet/Congress Members. SEO Law partners with more than 41 law firms in 12 cities across the U.S.
- SEO Leadership Institute provides ongoing development to alumni, customized for each stage of their career. There are three distinct parts to the Institute: making connections, professional and personal development, and civic engagement. SEO has an alumni network of nearly 20,000 professionals, representing 46 U.S. states and 48 countries, SEO’s Leadership Institute supports their ongoing professional and civic engagement via panel discussions, networking events, virtual resources, and volunteer opportunities. Alumni leadership has led SEO expansion to San Francisco and the creation of SEO’s international affiliates: SEO London, SEO China, SEO Vietnam, and SEO Africa.
How to ApplyApply here: https://grnh.se/2d90f7252us
21 total views, 2 today