Full-Time Director of Emergency Services
ABOUT THE POSITION: This position is responsible for all aspects of Compass Housing Alliance’s emergency services programs, which provide a broad range of shelter and day services to address issues faced by homeless men and women. The Director is responsible for setting the strategic direction, measures for success, and the effective implementation with the Program Managers in the supervision of their programs. This includes evaluation of internal service capacity as well as delivery and effectiveness. The Director is responsible for developing and fostering key relationships across the organization and within the community to expand, profitability, efficiency, service levels, and availability of shelter and emergency service for homeless individuals in the community.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for people who are homeless and low-income in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: South Lake Union in Seattle, WA
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday days with evening and weekends as needed
SALARY RANGE: DOE and within Compass ranges
BENEFITS: Unlimited Orca Transportation Pass, Medical/Prescription/Vision, Dental, $500 Health Flexible Spending Account 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 10 Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree strongly desired in social work or related field desired.
• At least five years of supervisory experience, in a human services setting dealing with issues of homelessness or supportive housing, mental illness, substance abuse, employment, domestic violence, etc.
• At least three years in the management of managers, desired.
• Five years or more of executive or senior management experience across a business unit or organization of 50+ employees and a $2-5M+ budget and/or equivalent experience, strongly preferred.
• Experience that demonstrates the ability to encourage and guide innovation in a dynamic organization, desired.
• Strong leadership abilities and experience managing senior staff and consultants, with a proven track record of achieving results through matrixed teams, desired.
• Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, required.
• Or combination of relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, use of section 8 certificate, use of service animal, and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.
How to ApplyTo apply, please follow the link to our online application: https://www.compasshousingalliance.org/who-we-are-top/employment/
21 total views, 1 today