Full-Time Director of Corporate Partnerships and Volunteer Engagement
America Needs You (ANY) fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students. We do this by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. ANY operates in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and California. We have achieved remarkable growth in the past 10 years by mobilizing hundreds of volunteers to increase the number of students we annually serve in our intensive Fellows Program from 50 to over 600. Visit www.americaneedsyou.org to learn more information.
Recruiting, engaging, and managing excellent volunteers and corporate partners is crucial to the success of ANY program. The Director of Corporate Partnerships and Volunteer Engagement will serve as the national lead for managing and growing ANY’s portfolio of corporate donors and leading volunteer recruitment and strategic efforts. The Director will strategically employ ANY’s corporate partnership model, which connects corporate philanthropy with internship opportunities for Fellows, volunteer opportunities for employees, and to support fundraising and student outcomes. This role is an integral member of ANY’s External Affairs Team, reporting to the Chief External Affairs Officer and partnering closely with the CEO and local Executive Directors.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of recruiting many volunteers, strong relationship building across large corporate partners, display meticulous attention to detail, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be highly organized. We are looking for a strong and charismatic communicator, someone who will harness the energy and spirit of our volunteers (highly accomplished young professionals) to create an impact for the students we serve. The position is hybrid and is based in NYC, Northern NJ, or Chicago, IL. As ANY workshops are held on Saturdays and recruitment events may occur in the evenings, this position will require flexibility and willingness to work nontraditional work hours.
- Conduct compelling partnership pitches and close new five and six figure corporate partnerships
- Provide ongoing stewardship to partners, updating them on student outcomes and organizational success, plan, and host corporate volunteer events
- In collaboration with the External Affairs team and local site leadership, meet with 20+ companies quarterly
- Identify a robust corporate partnership prospect list from short term volunteer and Mentor Coach employer companies
- Lead the Corporate Partnerships Committee internal team
- Serve as Project Lead on corporate volunteer events, to include Career Days, informational interviews, mock interviews, and other events both for national and local partners
- Lead recruitment for 5,000 volunteers annually to serve in a variety of engagements across ANY programs, with a focus on 1:1 Mentor Coaches for the Fellows Program across markets
- Develop a national recruitment plan that contains best practices and timelines to ensure alignment across all markets
- Create a national volunteer pipeline for local sites and identify plans for long-term stewardship
- Work with local site leads to ensure strong conversion of potential volunteers
- Research national service and professional affinity groups to strengthen volunteer pipelines
- Directly manage the Volunteer Operations Manager
- Oversee National Associate Board systems and structures, supporting local Executive Directors with recruitment, training, and support
- Work with the Data and Evaluation Manager and Salesforce Consultant to ensure data fidelity through strong Salesforce Management/Reports/Imports/Data Audits
- Work with the Curriculum Specialist to ensure strong and up to date volunteer orientation materials, trainings, and support throughout the year
- Work with the External Affairs Manager to develop robust volunteer recruitment marketing materials; collaborate with the External Affairs team on volunteer recruitment communications campaigns
- Own and oversee national volunteer campaigns, to include National Mentoring Month, Volunteer Appreciation Month, and Thank Your Mentor Day, among others
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in successful large-scale volunteer recruitment, including short-term and long-term volunteers and fundraising or partnership development
- Demonstrated success in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding five and six figure corporate gifts
- A strong customer success attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations effectively
- Proven success in relationship-management roles
- Experience coaching/managing staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Data-driven and systems-oriented (Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel, required and experience with Salesforce preferred)
- High-level of energy, proactivity, and commitment
Salary for this position is in the high $70K to low $80K range, commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyPlease submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (subject line: Director of Corporate Partnerships and Volunteer Engagement - Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.
45 total views, 1 today