Full-Time Director of Clinic Operations
Position Title: Director of Clinic Operations
Reports to: Chief Clinic Operations Officer
As part of operations leadership, collaborate with a team of medical providers, nurses, administrative staff, and other health care professionals to improve the efficiency and quality in the delivery of direct healthcare services. Directs all clinic services and activities from safety regulations, licenses requirements, administrative supervision, managing personnel, regulating department protocols, patient referrals and coordination of patient services, while meeting health and social service needs of patients served.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day activities involved in the provision of services at the clinic including scheduling, staffing, operational flow, monitoring and review of daily fiscal and accounting procedures related to sliding fee and co-payments.
• Ensure the operations of the health center is operating appropriately according to implemented policies, government regulations, organizational goals, and best patient practices.
• Ensure adherence to best practices in patient experience; address patient concerns in accordance with Health Center policy.
• Assumes initiative in the development of patient recruitment, retention and seeks new sources of patient referrals and programs for the growth of the health center.
• Increase the health center’s visibility in the community through outreach activities, health center events/open house and the development of formal linkage agreement with local community-based organizations.
• Participate with local Community Board and attends monthly meetings.
• Develops annual program goals and objectives for the health center.
• Participates in QI activities by identifying areas for improvement, tracking statistical information, implementing goals and ensuring ongoing monitoring of QI in collaboration with all clinic staff as appropriate.
• From a population health perspective, perform outreach to new patients who appear on the Managed Care Organizations’ monthly list.
• Creation and monitoring of appointment schedule template for both direct care providers and other administrators.
• Responsible for the timely hiring, training, on-going supervision/progressive discipline and performance evaluation of all clinic support staff.
• Ensure maintenance of medical equipment.
• Management of overhead costs, patient fees and appropriate billing.
• Ensure purchase orders are processed properly and payments to venders are done in a timely fashion.
• Provide oversight of the clinic physical condition.
• Ensure that request for medical records are accurate and complete, and that patient confidentiality is strictly maintained.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of medical records demographic information by conducting periodic reviews.
• Monitor and ensure contractual compliance for grants that support clinic operations.
• Completes credentialing and maintains provider’ participation in healthcare plans through re-credentialing and file update.
• Ensures that the clinical programs conform to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements set by the agency as well as by state, local and federal authorities by staying abreast of changes of new laws and regulations.
• Take part in the development of departmental/agency policies and procedure as required by interpreting and sharing information with staff through regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Thorough understanding of eCW and utilizes available management tools to manipulate data for the day to day operations of the health center.
• Ensures staff compliance with:
• Employee Health Services
• Agency and Clinic/Department orientation of new employees
• Acts as a role model at the health center and within the organization.
• Demonstrates expertise in delegation of assignments.
• Always Demonstrates teamwork, addresses issues and concerns while providing guidance and proper follow-up
• Assesses educational/training needs of staff with respect to Apicha CHC and assist in their goals for continued development.
• Provide oversight for the health center during all hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• In collaboration with the facilities department, ensure quick resolution of facilities needs including both minor and major repairs and capital improvements to the site.
• Performs other related duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• Physical Demands
Requires full range of body motion and eye-hand coordination; in addition to standing, walking or sitting at a computer for extended periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours including evenings and weekends as needed. Requires exposure to communicable disease or body fluids and other conditions common to a community health center environment.
• Master’s degree in related field (public health, business or health services administration)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in health-related field
• Experience working in federally qualified health center in supervisory capacity strongly preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally.
• Proficiency in common office software required.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a team relationship to meet the objectives of the department and organization.
• Ability to work with diverse patient base and with diverse multidisciplinary staff.
• Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for the position please do it directly through our Apicha Website https://www.apicha.org/careers
75 total views, 1 today