Full-Time Director of Accounts Payable
At WorldStrides, we are a collection of passionate people with different backgrounds and interests. We share a belief that travel changes people’s lives, no matter where they are on their learning journey. It takes the combined effort of approximately 1,500 Full Time and 1,600 Seasonal employees in more than 70 offices around the world, to make it happen!
The position will report to the VP- Corporate Controller and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational processing of all Accounts Payable disbursements, including imaging, invoice processing, vendor management and expense management for all legal entities and functions, in accordance with company policy. This position requires someone with a client-focused mindset as well as strong managerial, analytical and organizational skills. This person will ensure the validity and maintenance of data input into the financial system, effectively manage and drive the training and development of team members, and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of AP deliverables, including disbursements to vendors and staff, AP reconciliation activities, AP monthly close and associated financial reporting. This individual should be highly motivated and ready to lead a team through major operational and process changes, both internally and company-wide. This will entail partnering with internal and external departments to ensure we are driving towards best-in-class practices from both a process and organizational perspective.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive AP department transition from manual to automated processes, including associated training and organizational changes.
• Lead and/or participate in improvement projects, as required.
• Understand global requirements / regulations for disbursements across all legal entities.
• Partner with Finance team leadership to ensure department-wide tasks are supported by Accounts Payable as needed
• Work extended hours during busy season or on special projects as needed
• Perform such other tasks and assignments as needed in the spirit of continuous improvement and teamwork
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 10 years of work experience with 4 years managing the AP organization in a large company, preferably with global operations and high transactional volume
• Strong working knowledge of applicable accounts payable/procurement/general ledger financial systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures – NetSuite AP and Concur experience a plus
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
• Mature, professional attitude, accustomed to client service environments
• Open to change and willing to learn new skills
• Ability to follow up on pending issues and meet deadlines
• Possess strong organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills – ability to prioritize workload for self and department, including expedited processing / rush items.
• Demonstrated success working both individually and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-oriented environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Must possess integrity and the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
• Ability to communicate and develop strong working relationships across multiple levels of the organization
• Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-pace, rapidly changing and demanding environment, with a sense of urgency in to order to comply with various time deadlines and competing demands.
• An inquisitive and structured approach to problem resolution
• Experience with acquisitions / expansions
WorldStrides is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyGo to our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WORLDSTRIDES&cws=37&rid=1577 to apply to this position with WorldStrides. You will create a login, upload your resume and cover letter, and answer a few questions. That’s it! Thank you for considering us as your next employer.
29 total views, 1 today