Full-Time Director, Marketing Technology
The Marketing Digital Experience and Platforms team are seeking an experienced Director of Marketing Technology to lead our marketing technology team. Reporting to the VP of Digital Experiences and Platforms, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and maintenance of our marketing technology stack, ensuring its reliability and scalability to support the business’s growth goals.
Manage a team of marketing technology engineers, system managers and operations managers to design, develop and maintain the company’s marketing technology stack, including our marketing automation, privacy and user tracking, lead flow systems, Salesforce integration and analytics engineering.
- Manage the team that carries out the day-to-day smooth and reliable operations of Marketing Technologies like Eloqua, Drift, Invoca, One Trust and others.
- Ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of the marketing technology stack, proactively identifying and addressing any issues or risks.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure that marketing technology systems are secure and compliant with relevant regulations.
- Establish and maintain best practices for development, testing, deployment, and support of marketing technology systems.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts for marketing technology tools and services.
- Manage the marketing technology budget, ensuring efficient and effective use of resources.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in marketing technology and recommend new tools and systems to improve the company’s marketing operations.
- Develop and implement a roadmap for the marketing technology stack to support the company’s growth and innovation goals.
- Own the Martech Architecture as well as how this integrates with the broader enterprise architecture across Avalara.
- Develop and manage relationships with external vendors to support marketing technology systems.
- Collaborate with other departments to understand their technology needs and ensure that marketing technology systems align with the broader technology infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing technology engineering and /or operations, with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and maintaining complex marketing technology stacks.
- Hands on configuration and/or coding experience
- Experience with development practices in cloud services providers like AWS or Azure.
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing automation, tag management, chat, privacy, PRM, call tracking and search platforms.
- Experience managing distributed teams in different global geographies.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address technical issues and risks.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and DevOps practices.
- Experience managing vendor relationships and contracts.
- Knowledge of PII data privacy regulations and best practices.
***We’re opening this role to candidates located in commuting distance from our Durham, NC office as this will be a hybrid role***
- Someone who possesses a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on complex situations or problem sets.
- Inspiring leader who is not afraid to innovate and growth hack to provide value to the business.
- Demonstrated experience working across marketing functions, collaboratively with sales, sales operations, and customer success.
- Excellent team player, who values other’s views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment, work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, and ensure high quality deliverables with high attention to detail.
- Experience employing start-up principles to a growth focused business, contributing to developing business infrastructure and aggressively scaling in a high growth environment.
How to Applyhttps://careersnoa-avalara.icims.com/jobs/11064/director%2c-marketing-technology/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=741&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
53 total views, 1 today