Full-Time Director, Information Technology Services
For the duration of 2020, this is currently a remote opportunity with headquarters located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The Director will periodically need to report to locations in NYC and Westchester.
DOROT, was founded in 1976 by Columbia University students seeking to make a difference for older adults in their community. We provide a dynamic partnership of seniors, volunteers and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live independently as valued members of the community. Our wide array of programs – conducted onsite, in the home and in the community – are designed to combat loneliness and social isolation. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of our programs and staff.
DOROT’s client’s range in age from 60 to over 100, vary in physical mobility and economic status, and come from diverse backgrounds. DOROT serves the Jewish and wider community and offers a lifeline of support to older adults in our catchment area (the Upper West Side from 59th to 125th Streets, East Side from 14th to 96th Streets and Westchester County).
DOROT is an innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers of all ages to improve the lives and health of the elderly and address the challenges of an aging society. We bring the generations together in mutually beneficial partnership, engaging over 6,000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming.
About the Opportunity
The Director of Information Technology Services plays a key leadership role at DOROT supporting over 80 staff members across 4 locations in the greater New York metro area. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you’ll work collaboratively with the heads of Program, Finance and Advancement to spearhead technology initiatives to support operations, project delivery and optimization, development of DOROT’s website and data backend systems. You’ll also be responsible for managing DOROT’s tech team, consisting of staff and vendors, as well as creating and implementing best-in-class systems and processes related to data security, network services, client and volunteer management, and business software and hardware. As the senior most technology leader in the organization, you’ll establish technology policies across the organization, implement state of the art security measures, maintain technology equipment inventories, evaluate current hardware and software vis-a-vis agency needs and make recommendations for upgrades, all while keeping DOROT abreast of the best and brightest when it comes to technology trends.
What You’ll Do
The Director of Information Technology Services is responsible for the following in addition to any other projects as assigned by their manager, the Chief Financial Officer:
Devise the technology strategy
- Develop and oversee technology goals and metrics and coordinate development roadmap, budget, and timelines supporting the creation of an annualized technology plan. Part of this plan may include:
- Evaluating software and hardware products for acquisition and overseeing all information technology acquisitions and maintenance agreements.
- Developing relationships with external technology vendors to learn about the latest product offerings and services available to DOROT.
- Directing the design, development, and maintenance of software systems and applications to meet the organization’s information needs.
- Analyzing ongoing IT needs and plan for the replacement of legacy products.
- Auditing and reviewing systems and practices to ensure compliance with procedures, regulations, and standards.
- In concert with senior leaders, continue the development and implementation of a website refresh leveraging the DOROT branding strategy.
- Ensure technical activities are in strategic alignment with the product and business goals.
- Implement consistent tracking, management, and analysis of data on projects and programs in support of the Program and Advancement teams.
Lead the technology team
- Recruit and develop a team of world-class technologists and vendors.
- Build healthy collaboration across a mix of full-time, contract, and volunteer team members.
- Manage IT department staff including the Database Coordinator who is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of DOROT’s Client Information Management System (CIMS) in Salesforce and the Donor Database Coordinator who is responsible for the continued data integrity of DOROT’s donor database in Raiser’s Edge.
Streamline and maintain technical services and support for staff and volunteers
- Maintain regulatory, data security, and cybersecurity requirements set by funders and partners.
- Manage the helpdesk and associated support service vendors, providing rapid response technology support to staff and volunteer leaders.
- Provide day to day support for all information technology hardware and software systems.
- Establish and document information technology policies, standards, procedures, and inventories for the organization that support efficient operations and effective business operations.
- Develop and maintain disaster and business recovery plans to ensure timely and effective restoration of data and information technology services in the event of disruptions.
Who You Are
- You’re a human-centered technologist. You know that technology is nothing without the people it serves. While passionate about the power of computing, you always work in partnership with your users, whether it’s someone in the office or across the world. You get to know them until you can anticipate their needs. You’re thoughtful about the way your systems can empower and enrich them as well as how they might inadvertently harm.
- You architect for easy maintenance. Sure, you’ve got engineering chops, but you’re always thinking of others now and in the future. You design simple systems that solve real needs without creating a bunch of new ones. You stay in touch with the latest techniques and technologies so you can identify the most useful tools for the job and anticipate what’s on the horizon.
- You get stuff done. This role demands thoughtfulness and strategic planning, but those have to translate into concrete results, especially in the short-term. Whether it’s on your own, or through staff, contractors, or volunteers, your experience, transparency, and organization allow you to get the nuts and bolts in place in record time, always with support and input from the rest of the organization.
- You’re values-aligned. You share DOROT’s commitment to communal responsibility, excellence, compassion, integrity, and innovation. You care deeply about making a difference and work each day to make a demonstrable impact in the love of the seniors we serve.
How You’ll be Measured
At the end of year 1, the Director of IT Services will have:
- Supported the Program team to deepen and expand the virtual provision of programming for older adults and volunteers and begun to plan for the next phase of hybrid (in person and virtual) programming.
- Partnered with outside developers and Marketing and Communications staff to refresh and rebrand DOROT’s website and Volunteer Board Portals
- Collaborated with teams across the organization to enable the production and regular maintenance of a company dashboard and Salesforce reporting
- Made major progress in ensuring first-in-class data security systems and protocols across internal teams
- Enhanced, identified, developed and supported applications and technologies for WFH
- Documented IT systems and policies and created a comprehensive technology plan
- 8+ years working on technical operations and software engineering with 3+ years in engineering management, preferably at a growing non-profit with multiple site locations.
- Experienced in developing a technology vision and strategy in conversation with senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of enhancing, implementing, and enforcing processes to increase operational efficiency.
- Principled in generating and maintaining software and systems documentation.
- Familiarity with operational security concepts and best practices a must.
- Prior success leading software development, deployment, and operations under significant schedule and budget constraints.
- Proven success in database design and implementation, including data migrations and transformation
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, strongly preferred.
- Experience with database technologies, network services, business software, communications systems, facilities technology, website technology, disaster relief and data storage a must.
- Superior technical software skills, including experience with many of the following applications and tools: Office365; MS Server 2012(R2)/2016/2019; VMware ESXi /vSphere, Avaya IP Office, UniFi network products, Digital Watchdog/IP-based video surveillance, and Keri Door Entry Systems.
- Systems management and implementation experience with Salesforce, Crystal Reports; Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge, Mailchimp, Drupal, Amazon AWS and Google web analytics platforms strongly preferred.
Why Work with Us
At DOROT, we believe that the power of connection can be transformative. Working with us means that you will have:
- Flexibility in your working schedule. This includes things like working from home, flexibility to support your family, etc. This also means that you have just over 1 months’ time each year to spend it how you like thanks to a generous PTO policy.
- Access to health care when you need it most. Whether it be medical, vision, dental, disability or life insurance, we’ve got you covered and offer a bevy of benefits to ensure that you and your family are taken care of during these uncertain times.
- Support to plan for your future. We offer a 403(b) contribution of 3% after your first two years with us with the opportunity for increasing contributions as you stay with us over time.
Of course DOROT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing for employment or advancement without discrimination because of race, color, religion creed, political association, ancestry, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, pregnancy, handicap disability, genetic, genetic characteristics, or other protected status.
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit your resume and cover letter here.
62 total views, 3 today