Full-Time Director, Individual Giving and Engagement
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To achieve clearly defined annual goals by cultivating relationships with current donors and prospective donors. The primary objective of the position is to engage with United Way of Summit & Medina individual leadership donors to improve donor retention, acquisition, and growth. This position cultivates and solicits current Leadership-level contributors and community-wide prospects through workplace campaigns, community-based efforts, volunteer relationships, effective communications and other fundraising events and engagement opportunities.
- Manage and grow Leadership Giving Relationships: Plan and implement cultivation, solicitation recognition and retention strategies for the United Way of Summit and Medina Leadership Individuals. Assist in recruiting and maintaining relationships with the Vice President; provide overall strategic direction, meeting management, administrative support and communications in order to recruit and retain Leadership Giving members. Develop, support and maintain year-round relationships with individual donors and Affinity groups. Grow investors in the work of UWSM to support the growth of resource under management for the organization. Work closely with Corporate & Community Engagement Team to identify and steward current and potential Leadership members.
- Engagement: Engage current and potential investors through one-on-one relationship building visits. Link investors to passions and needs to our impact work and engagement opportunities.
- Reporting and Recognition: Oversee StratusLive to support gift fulfillment. Develop and utilize systems for the identification, research and solicitation of prospective leadership donors. Develop and implement appropriate and cost effective means of donor recognition and appreciation.
- Support: Assist the VP, Major Gifts and Marketing in annual planning, defining and achieving the fundraising goals of the organization. Implement and grow strategic individual giving.
- Events: Oversight and planning with staff to create meaningful and impactful events throughout the year. Develop innovative ways to engagement current and potential donors of UWSM through volunteer opportunity and fundraising events.
DEGREE OF AUTONOMY: Work is structured by standards, procedures and work instructions and is performed under direct supervision within those standards.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business management, organization management or other related field required.
- Event management
- Competent in MS Office products.
- Interest in the improvement of the Summit and Medina communities.
- Inquisitive and innovative.
- Initiative and self-motivated.
- Event management.
- Organized, able to prioritize, strategically plans, and meets deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mission Focused
- Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office, walking, climbing stairs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop.
- Moves equipment weighing up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be willing to work non-standard work schedule including nights, weekends, and other unusual hours on occasion.
- After-hours event attendance occasionally.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing including background check, drug and alcohol screen.
- Valid driver license and proof of insurance.
- Access to reliable insured automobile to be used for work-related travel in Summit and Medina area.
- Hybrid work environment
- 20 days of PTO + Holidays
- Extensive benefit package
UWSM is committed to building and sustaining a workplace that represents our community in all its richness and diversity.Join us to make a difference.
How to Apply
38 total views, 1 today