Full-Time Director, Corporate and Foundation Giving
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better. Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving (DCF) is a new position that would join the organization at an exciting and pivotal time, with Echoing Green embarking on an ambitious five-year strategic plan. As part of the plan, Echoing Green will grow revenue by nearly 20% this year and stagger its growth targets over the next few years to become a $15M, 60-person enterprise by 2023. As a key member of Echoing Green’s development team, the DCF will play a critical role in helping the organization achieve its revenue goals by managing and expanding Echoing Green’s portfolio of Corporate and Foundation donors.
Ideal candidates bring significant skill and experience in presenting to and managing relationships with investors and senior executives. This person excels in both strategy and process and project management, and brings creativity when it comes to fundraising or business development. This person is also solutions oriented and thrives in highly collaborative team settings.
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Execution
• Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for corporate and foundation portfolio
• Lead efforts to raise approximately $4.5 million in corporate and foundation gifts including current and new funders
Corporate and Foundation Donor Cultivation and Acquisition
• Serve as lead external fundraiser for all corporate and foundation donors
• Collaborate with staff on identifying and researching institutional prospects
• Develop and implement strategies to convert Benefit Donors into annual Partners
Project Management and Leadership
• Track moves management of institutional donors, including identifying new prospects, cultivation, solicitation, and stewarding relationships
• Provide input on proposal and report submission process led by Deputy Director of Partnerships/Grants
• Serve as thought partner to senior staff members as it relates to institutional fundraising strategy.
• Collaborate with Deputy Director of partnerships/grants and serve as thought partner on partnership design, proposal, and reporting process
● Passion for Echoing Green’s mission, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship and harnessing next generation talent
● Demonstrated experience in donor/investor acquisition and cultivation
● Track record successfully presenting to and managing relationships with investors and/or senior executives
● Experience securing investments for traditionally hard to fund programs or initiatives
● Strong collaboration skills and successful track record working with cross-functional teams and leveraging relationships to move work forward
Additional Skills & Experiences
● Excellent written and oral communications skills with particular strength in relaying information in a concise and persuasive manner
● Entrepreneurial and demonstrates high level of creativity and strategic thinking in approach to fund development
● Takes initiative and is goal-oriented with high level of attention to detail
● Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Committed to meeting deadlines, creating, and improving processes
● Bachelor’s Degree
● At least 4-6 years in a fundraising or business development environment
● Experience with donor databases required, Salesforce preferred
Echoing Green offers a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, flexible spending account, paid time off, and summer hours.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
How to ApplyThis search is being managed by Axis Talent Partners. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications for the position and their interest in Echoing Green’s mission specifically to: http://axistalentpartners.applytojob.com/apply
40 total views, 3 today