Full-Time Dining Services III – Cook – Rifle State Nursing Home
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
- Communicates immediately and directly with Food Service Director of any department concerns
- Main kitchen sanitation
- Maintains all kitchen equipment according to set guidelines.
- Follows kitchen and satellite daily and weekly cleaning checklist.
- Cleans each piece of equipment after each use.
- Cleans kitchen, equipment and floors at end of each shift.
- Washes and sanitizes pots and pans
- Washes down walls, racks, and floors in walk in refrigerators.
- Cleans and sanitizes all kitchen food service equipment.
- Collects and disposes of trash
- Maintains dumpster trash area
- Follows standardized recipes
- Prepares meals to appropriate temperatures and textures: pureed, mechanical, regular, hot and cold items
- Cleans dining room tables and sanitizes, clean chairs, washes dishes, silverware and puts them away
Food Handling and Services
- Prepares all aspects of meals to food safety standards, visual appeal, palatability for residents
- Follows standardized recipes
- Prepares enough of all menu items for residents
- Prepares enough therapeutic diets in the appropriate texture and temperature
- Serves food on plates in an aesthetically appealing manner
- Follows the therapeutic worksheets for correct portion sizes and texture
Food Temperatures and Temperature Standards
- Monitors all food temperatures and records on proper form while food are removed from oven/ cooling unit and before the
- items leave the main kitchens.
- Delivers foods as required to proper units.
- Notifies supervisor on duty any time foods are not at proper serving temperature so problem can be corrected immediately.
- Provides solutions to aids for discrepancies in food temps
- Makes sure that every item is to the appropriate temperature to be served
Resident Services and Special Projects
- Prepare and serve residents in private dining rooms as needed and special occasions.
- Prepares and distributes resident snacks and supplements to all neighborhoods.
- Clean, record temperatures and sanitize all unit refrigerators.
- Monitors the aids when they clean and sanitize the satellite kitchens and unit areas
- Provides dining services for residents in Blue Plate Diner.
- Assist food service supervisor in inventorying supplies and foods (perishables and non perishables),
- freezer, and storeroom
- Assist in keeping the storeroom, main kitchen and cooling units clean and free of empty boxes
- Monitors temperatures of main kitchen, satellites and other appropriate areas where food is served and maintains daily record.
- Notifies supervisor on duty any time refrigerators are not within acceptable parameters (below 40 degrees for
- refrigeration and zero for the freezer)
- Checks all left over foods in refrigerators for expiration dates.
- Checks all storage areas for label and dates
- Discards all outdated food and snacks as required by policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled in-services, trainings, and meetings.
- Trains new employees on the functions of the job.
- Provides feedback to the food service Manager on proficiency of new employee
Employment history is calculated on a full-time basis (40/hrs per week). Part-time employment is calculated on a pro-rated basis to determine qualifications. Be sure your application specifically addresses your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments as they relate to the position and minimum requirements.
- Must pass a Colorado Bureau of Investigation background check, a Federal Bureau of Investigations background check, and a drug screen as a condition of employment.
- Must successfully pass a TB Test
- This position has shift work: day, evening and night shifts to include holiday and weekends as needed.
- Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency
services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.
- Former State employees who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on the application and provide an explanation why the prior termination or resignation should not disqualify the applicant from the current position. Absent extraordinary circumstances, prior disciplinary termination or resignation in lieu of termination will disqualify the applicant from future State employment with CDHS.
- Knowledge of modified foods
- Ability to prepare and cook in large quantities
- Food service operations and the preparation and production of food
- Cleaning and sanitizing practices as they relate to food service operations
- Knowledge of safe food handling, and storage practices and regulations
- Knowledge of weights, measures, (e.g., food scales, measuring cups, and spoons), and food measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of the techniques used in mixing food (e.g., gelatin, pancake batter, salad dressing, scrambled eggs, etc.).
- Knowledge of cooking methods (e.g., frying, deep-fat frying, boiling, steaming, and baking).
- Knowledge of food safety related to handling and storing cooked foods, serving and storing temperatures and reading food thermometers.
- Ability to be a team player who is energetic and positive
- Ability to perform lead work over other employees.
- Ability to read at the level necessary for interpreting and understanding written recipes, menus, nourishment labels, diet slips, portioning sheets, and policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) as related to calculating or converting units of measure for determining proper amounts of food ingredients for mass food production.
- Ability to clean, cut, cube, grind, and tenderize meat.
- Ability to clean, peel, dice, grate, slice and chop vegetables.
- Ability to measure food ingredients using food scales, measuring cups, or spoons.
- Ability to mix food items (e.g., gelatin, pancake batter, salad dressing, scrambled eggs etc.).
- Ability to boil food items and operate a jacketed steam kettle in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to use kitchen utensils in portioning or serving food.
- Ability to lift cases of canned goods, bags of foodstuff, and heavy kitchen implements.
- Ability to display high standards of ethical conduct. Exhibits honesty and integrity. Refrains from theft-related, dishonest r unethical behavior.
- Ability to work and communicate with internal and external clients, staff, customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
- Committed to quality service.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort and commitment toward completing assignments efficiently.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate responsible behavior and attention to detail.
- Respond appropriately to supervision. Make every efforts to follow policy and cooperate with supervisors.
- Aligns behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
- Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity. Fosters commitment and team spirit.
- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information. Listens to others and responds appropriately.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly through the link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/colorado/jobs/2795753/dining-services-iii-cook-rifle-state-nursing-home Applications submitted otherwise will not be reviewed by the hiring manager. Please read the entire announcement before applying for this position. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the application process.
99 total views, 1 today