ACE is an evidence-based, nimble, and adaptive organization that routinely evaluates our landscape of digital tools and tactics based on measured impact. The Digital Strategist will play a key role in making sure this evolving operation runs smoothly by helping ACE Staff stay up-to-date on how to use our digital communications tools for maximum effect.
The Digital Strategist will continually train and support ACE Staff on the strategic use of our digital communications ecosystem, including advocacy platforms (Engaging Networks), broadcast (Mobile Commons) and peer-to-peer SMS messaging (Thru Text), email marketing, data management, and new tools as they emerge. They will also serve as the primary point person to review outgoing materials to ensure best-practices are followed while also spotting any technical errors before publishing. Additionally, they will create and update training materials and documentation, as well as perform crucial daily administrative tasks, such as keeping accurate and up-to-date logs of active/inactive online advocacy actions and campaigns.
This is a full-time position based remotely anywhere in the United States. The Digital Strategist will work from home, meet as required by video chat with teams and have weekly national full staff meetings and departmental meetings with colleagues online. This position reports to the Director of Digital Strategy-Web. Travel will be required to departmental meetings, staff retreats, and other events when safe.
Great candidates will have some of the skills and experience listed below:
- You are highly organized, and can appreciate the elegance of a well-utilized project tracking table with detailed status fields.
- You have a rigorous eye for detail, and are unable to ignore any out-of-place minutiae such as misplaced commas, extra spaces, or misconfigured settings.
- You are aware of general best-practices for digital communications with mobile-first young audiences, and have some background or understanding of issue advocacy, non-partisan civic engagement, and/or political campaigns.
- You enjoy training your coworkers on technical tools and helping them troubleshoot how to use them.
- Develop clear and precise training and support materials for ACE’s ecosystem of digital communications and advocacy tools, including step-by-step how-to’s, frequently asked questions, and troubleshooting guides.
- Serve as point-person for QA tech-checks on all outgoing advocacy pages, emails, and SMS communications to make sure that best practices are being followed, and flag any technical misconfigurations before going live.
- Provide 1:1 technical support to ACE Staff to make sure they can confidently make strategic use of our digital communications tools.
- Identify technical bugs/errors and elevate them to the appropriate owners on the digital team for troubleshooting
- Perform crucial ongoing administrative tasks on Monday.com. For example: tracking up-to-date live/inactive status of all online climate advocacy actions, and checking to make sure staff are scheduling all outgoing communications correctly in calendar boards.
- Explore innovative methods for communicating complex technical information to non-technical audiences, for example with Digital Adoption Platforms such as Walkme or Userlane
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in digital marketing or online advocacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience utilizing digital organizing tools and willingness to learn new tools (Ex: CRMs, P2P texting, email and SMS tools, relational organizing tools)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Understanding of climate change, climate justice, and related social justice issues
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Annual salary range: $60,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement savings plan, Vacation, Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, 2 Floating Holidays, 2 Community Service Floating Holidays, Sick time and 13 observed holidays
- Location: Remote