Full-Time Digital Coordinator
The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) seeks a full-time Digital Coordinator based in Austin, Texas. TFN is a statewide non-partisan, grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement working toward equality and social justice.
The Digital Coordinator will oversee the digital program for TFN’s “Texas Rising” program. The primary responsibilities of the Digital Coordinator will be to manage the creative processes for creating digital content, managing the program’s brand, and overseeing part-time digital organizers.
The Digital Coordinator should be passionate about staying on-trend and creating fun and engaging content that breaks through the noise and engages, influences, and mobilizes young Texans.
The Digital Coordinator will report to the Senior Digital and Technology Director.
We are open to considering more experienced candidates at the Sr. Coordinator or Strategist level and salary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Produce digital content for Texas Rising platforms that drives engagement and growth (50%)
- Produce compelling daily content across Texas Rising social platforms that inform and engage our audiences.
- Create and implement digital campaigns to grow digital audiences and acquire new contacts (acquisition campaigns, giveaways, etc).
- Manage Texas Rising’s brand and make sure all public-facing content adheres to guidelines
- Coordinate with designers to develop visual content and swag, on occasion, create basic rapid response graphics as needed.
Provide digital support to Texas Rising RFCs and campus chapters (20%)
- Provide digital support to Texas Rising regional organizers and campus chapters, including onboarding and training campus digital social managers.
- Work with Texas Rising and ensure digital priorities align with program priorities.
Management of part-time digital organizing staff (20%)
- Manage part-time digital organizer(s), including monitoring daily workflow, assigning tasks, and monitoring deadlines
Take initiative to identify tasks, projects, and department needs (10%)
- Provide strategic support to Sr. Digital and Technology Director for special projects as needed
- Evaluate trends and keep up-to-date with the latest digital organizing techniques
- Meet with departments to proactively identify opportunities for Texas Rising’s digital program to integrate and support the work of other teams.
Qualifications and Skills
- Dedicated to progressive values and the mission and goals of TFN and our programs Texas Rising and Just Texas.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in digital organizing for political campaigns or advocacy organizations.
- Experience creating and executing multichannel digital campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of brand development.
- A creative and strategic thinker who understands how to engage audiences.
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skill who can work effectively across departments in the creative process.
- A highly organized self-starter with a track record of managing multiple assignments at once.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 (depending on experience)
100% employer paid medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, personal, sick, and parental leave.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
How to Apply
22 total views, 2 today