Title: Digital Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Digital Engagement
Positions reporting to this position: N/A
New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) and Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA) serve as the leading political voices for the environment in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, respectively. They are both bi-partisan, statewide organizations dedicated to holding elected officials accountable for their actions that impact our precious natural resources.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA seek a Digital Coordinator who will work with the organizations’ shared Digital Department to help ensure that both organizations continue to build an engaged membership and following online, that takes action to achieve our goals. The Digital Coordinator will manage the day-to-day operations of our social media pages and will be responsible for creating compelling digital content including social media posts, graphics, emails, and videos. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about technology, an avid user of social media, committed to racial justice and equity, and has a strong interest in harnessing people power to build change.
- Write, design, and deploy compelling, social media content, graphics, email copy, videos, mobile alerts, ad copy, and other digital content to educate and engage our current and new activists and followers.
- Identify and assist with creative digital campaigns that will help achieve our organizations’ priorities to engage our partners and mobilize activists around clean water and air, open space, climate change, and environmental justice, including developing templates, toolkits, and best practice guides to be used by partners.
- Work with teams across both organizations to amplify on-the-ground activities to demonstrate our leadership and engage activists.
- Engage with our members, followers, and influencers, and respond to constituent correspondence, including responding to questions that come in through any digital channel and handling updates to member records.
- Assist with planning, creating, and providing trainings on digital best practices.
- Publish content to both organizations’ websites.
- Track and analyze metrics and create reports on the performance of our digital activities.
- Utilize digital platforms and tools such as EveryAction, SproutSocial, Mobilize, Spoke, Canva, and other platforms.
- Participate actively in applying a racial justice lens to all online communications with an increased emphasis on member education of issues, environmental or otherwise, where communities of color are disproportionately impacted.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following are required for the successful applicant:
- A strong commitment to environmental protection.
- A commitment to increasing racial diversity in the environmental and our organizations, integrating justice and equity into the work we do, and helping ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, pay close attention to detail, take initiative and look for opportunities, stay organized and follow-through, and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong writing skills and an understanding of social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Strong interests in design, digital best practices, and organizing.
The following skills and experience are preferred for the successful applicant:
- Experience with Canva or other graphics platforms, video creation and editing, Excel, Twitter analytics, Sprout Social or other social listening tools, and EveryAction or other constituent relationship management platforms.
- Experience with advocacy or political campaigns.
- Familiarity with issues facing Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and the Delaware River watershed.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time, grant-funded position that is confirmed for at least one year, and is a hybrid of in-person and remote work during the pandemic. Continuation of the position is intended and will be based on the ability to secure additional funding to support the work. This position may be required to be based in Hamilton, NJ for the portion of time spent in-person.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample to email@example.com with “Digital Coordinator” in the subject line by May 6.
Salary & Benefits: A salary range between $37,500-$41,000 will be commensurate with experience; a generous benefits package is offered.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, genetics, disability, age, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, pregnancy, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait status, or veteran status.