Full-Time Developmental Manager
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000/year depending on experience.
Wayside is looking for an innovative Development Manager who will work in collaboration with other departments to ensure there is a clear approach and messaging in fundraising efforts. The Development Manager oversees Wayside’s annual giving campaign(s), identifies grant opportunities, writes grants, and runs annual fundraising event, 5K4Kids each fall. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Development, the Development Manager supports the overall fundraising efforts and will be responsible for retaining and expanding existing fundraising streams along with creating and implementing new models of income generation to scale philanthropic initiatives and raise increased revenue from individuals, foundation, and corporate donors.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as grant’s administrator, writing grant proposals and acknowledgments for grants received. Ensuring compliance by the organization of terms stipulated in the grant award.
- Leads efforts that support the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors to deepen relationships with existing partners and expand the number of new philanthropic partnerships.
- Generates gift acknowledgments and tax receipts that will be recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Records and tracks all charitable gifts including grant awards.
- Maintains familiarity with program content, goals, and objectives, as well as organization-wide goals.
- Ensure that data and information related to fundraising activities is properly entered and updated in Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage coordination Program Directors and Finance team to track progress against grant activities/outcomes, review grant awards, and report on grant expenses for assigned programs. Generates internal fundraising progress reports monthly. Prepares and submits funding reports as required by funders.
- The Development Manager manages meetings, work groups and supports the Communication & Development Committee for the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for generating email lists to contact vendors and volunteers for nonprofit events and news, processes and tracks bills related to events and the function of the development operations.
- Maintain Wayside on-line giving page and update content as necessary.
Competencies/Traits of Our Superstars:
- Strong critical thinking, research, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success implementing donor engagement strategies.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with donors, executive team, management, and colleagues at all levels.
- Willingness to take initiative, problem-solve, and work cross-functionally with colleagues and across departments to support short-term and long-term Development and organizational goals.
- Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in all communications.
- Please attach a cover letter and/or a wiring sample to your application.
- A bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. A bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience are required.
Wayside welcomes equity-minded applicants whose values align with our goal of being a child welfare and behavioral health agency committed to anti-racism, social justice, and advocacy. Successful candidates are asked to be engaged in Wayside’s dedication to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Bilingual/bicultural and LGBTQ+ applicants are encouraged to apply!
How to ApplyPlease apply through our website: https://www.waysideyouth.org/joinourteamoverview/ You can also find this job post on Indeed and Glassdoor
40 total views, 1 today