Full-Time Development Officer, Major Gifts
United Way of the Bluegrass (UWBG) works to create the opportunity for all members of our community to have a better life. We focus on the building blocks of a good life — a quality education, financial stability for individuals and families, and good health. The work of UWBG focuses on strategic initiatives, public education, advocacy, outcomes and evaluation, development and strengthening of partnerships/collaborations, convening, resource mobilization and investment as well as backbone and engagement strategies and activities. We bring together the voices, the expertise, and the resources to define, articulate and implement a common agenda for change for our region. That is what it means to “Live United” in Central Kentucky.
The Development Officer, Major Gifts (DOMG) assists with the identification of and prioritizes opportunities for new relationships with new and established clients for all UWBG products and services. The DOMG develops and nurtures networks to build and maintain a pipeline of prospects. The DOMG is responsible for the execution, in partnership with the Resource Development (RD) team, the strategic oversight and implementation of UWBG’s corporate new donor acquisition strategy as defined by leadership staff. This role will establish and manage fundraising targets, aid in the development of strong sales tools and products, and work with development operations to track metrics to ensure targets are being met across the department.
• Meets the fundraising goals of the United Way of the Bluegrass through effective personal and team portfolio account management.
• Travels to assigned communities to conduct renewable and new business a minimum of two days per week.
• Effectively manages, solicits, cultivates, and grows assigned portfolio of individuals.
• Identifies prospective partners, initiates, and builds relationships with prospects.
• Negotiates terms that deliver value to donors of UWBG.
• Responsible for developing and prospecting potential new clients and converting these relationships into increased engagement and revenue for UWBG.
• Responsible for timely communication with the other Resource Development staff, Vice President, Resource Development, President & Chief Executive Officer, and internal/external customers.
• Conducts ongoing identification, recruitment, and activation of an influential, financially strong, and inclusive volunteer leadership base to support the campaign.
• Development of year-round pipelines and cultivation plans for major gift prospects.
• Meets annual measurable goals and objectives.
• Responsible for delivering on business development and relationship management goals and metrics for team.
• Assists with coordination and implementation of fundraising and cultivation events.
• Delivers periodic reports to internal stakeholders and external partners.
• Continuously build awareness and engagement of UWBG programs.
• Implements short and long-range plans as it relates to new investor opportunities for UWBG focusing on corporate relationships.
• Works with cross-functional team to develop proposals that create a compelling case for support to potential investors in UWBG.
• Partners with leadership within the organization to manage customer (donor) relationships, including incorporating engagement in affinity groups and volunteer opportunities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE UNITED WAY COMPETENCIES
❖MISSION-FOCUSED – A top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This competency drives performance and professional motivations.
❖RELATIONSHIP ORIENTED – Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
❖COLLABORATOR – Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
❖RESULTS-DRIVEN – Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
❖BRAND STEWARD – A steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT COMPETENCIES
❖EFFECTIVE FUNDRAISING – Is donor-focused and results-driven, with a relentless focus on gaining financial resources to support United Way’s mission and community impact strategic objectives. Sets ambitious yet realistic goals; Connects donors’ and prospects’ interests directly to United Way’s work. Creates a strong case for support and successfully “sells” the idea, program, or funding opportunity to donor and/or supporter. Inspires commitment and support for United Way.
❖STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT – Develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the financial resources necessary to support United Way’s mission. Builds trust and donor commitment to United Way. Creates win-win relationships; engages with donors year-round, not just during campaign season, to nurture and enhance relationships. Displays cultural knowledge and sensitivities and applies that knowledge to fundraising efforts. Is visible with donors and community leaders.
❖ENTREPRENEURIAL AND INNOVATIVE – Creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and the community including the ability to understand and contribute to the product development process, able to assess donor’s interest, and accurately convey those to cross-functional team. Identifies, anticipates, and adapts to changing market trends and business needs. Understands challenges and opportunities in the business environment; Focuses on continuous improvement.
❖BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SALES – Plans, implements, and evaluates business development and sales efforts. Uses multiple methods and various sources of information to identify and approach prospective donors and maintains positive relationships with existing donors. Collaborates with Community Impact Department (CI). Engages CI in donor engagement and fundraising by learning details of current community impact solutions. Shares information with CI about donor needs and interests to improve existing products and create new ones.
• A minimum of three years of experience in business development, partnerships, or relationship management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field (e.g. business, communications, nonprofit management, etc.) or work experience equivalent.
• Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and follow through.
• Achievement oriented; shows initiative and enthusiasm while demonstrating uncompromising responsibility, courage, and self-confidence, even in the face of difficulties.
• Experience with CRM (Andar preferred).
• Proficient with Google and Microsoft Suites.
• Strong organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work calmly under the pressure of competing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse set of individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, foster and grow long-standing donor relationships.
• Track record of being highly adaptable to working with changing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and influence stakeholder support including other staff, active volunteers, and donors at all levels.
• High energy, personal initiative, and passion for the work.
• Operates effectively as a highly self-motivated independent contributor, as well as a team-player collaborating as a member of cross-functional teams.
• Urgency and relentless energy to improve and innovate, navigating through uncharted territory.
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to establish credibility and trust with internal and external partners, including at the executive level. This includes excellent verbal and written presentation and influence skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
• Demonstrated background in commercial sales or nonprofit development with a track record of directly contributing to financial growth and retention.
• Strong background and experience in new business development including donor/company prospecting, donor/company acquisition and sales.
• Ideally, the candidate brings a robust network within the Central Kentucky region within the business and philanthropic community.
• Experience within a nonprofit or impact organization is preferred.
• Professionally supportive of UWBG’s mission.
• High degree of personal responsibility and integrity.
• An inspirational leader, skilled at painting a compelling picture of UWBG’s strategy and vision that motivates others to action.
• Holds oneself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to commitments.
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone and via other devices. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare, and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to travel regularly to locations outside of UWBG facilities to set up displays and presentations in both physical and electronic forms. The employee must have the ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull objects weighing up to 50lbs.
The position is full-time and exempt, with full benefits.
How to ApplyTO APPLY Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
226 total views, 0 today