Full-Time DEVELOPMENT LIAISON
Salary: $71,531.20 – $118,019.20 Annually
Closing Date: 09.24.2023
Cary is seeking an experienced, collaborative, innovative Development Liaison to perform professional work serving as a primary point of contact for customers; coordinating and explaining Town development processes and requirements in an understandable, professional and customer-friendly manner to both internal and external stakeholders.
Cary offers the best benefits, which supports our diverse workforce, providing employees with choices. A competitive salary is offered depending on qualifications and experience. Our highly comprehensive total compensation package is unprecedented, allowing Cary to value and support our employee’s whole selves, and sets us apart as an employer of choice.
This is an exciting time to be a part of the transformational development occurring in Cary!
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Development Review Manager and requires independent judgment and discretion in the performance of duties.
- Serves as a liaison between the Town and the business community, developers, architects, engineers, landowners, attorneys, citizens and contractors who are conducting development-related business;
- Consults with the general public, contractors, design professionals, homeowners, elected officials and other staff regarding interpretations of Town ordinances, state building codes, development plan reviews, application processes and permitting and inspections procedures;
- Initiates and ensures close coordination with staff located in various departments throughout the organization;
- Helps troubleshoot issues and works to find potential solutions to concerns related to Town regulations, staff decisions and processes in an effort to resolve issues while serving the public interest;
- Coordinates and presents development cases to Town Council; prepares associated staff reports and presentations;
- Mediates unresolved matters between Town staff and external customers, confirming requirements are presented in an understandable approach; ensures feedback loops are provided frequently and efficiently;
- Communicates with various individuals and groups about policies, procedures, and complex issues helping stakeholders navigate various processes such as development and construction in a customer-friendly and professional manner;
- Coordinates and facilitates discovery meetings with relevant staff from appropriate Town departments and outside agencies to provide efficient and effective responses to customer concerns in a timely manner;
- Maintains and develops comprehensive outcome tracking for assigned projects and Town communications associated with the assigned projects;
- Performs other job-related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of the philosophies, principles, practices and techniques of municipal development and construction processes; thorough knowledge of municipal planning; thorough knowledge of the development requirements of each Town department and of outside agencies; thorough knowledge of regulations associated with the development process especially in the area of state building code and the Town’s land development ordinance; ability to communicate effectively with the general public, contractors, design professionals, property owners, elected officials, other Town staff and outside agencies with a very high degree of customer service; ability to understand complex technical requirements; ability to perform comprehensive research on a wide variety of municipal development activities; ability to coordinate with other Town departments; ability to prepare and deliver public presentations; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, municipal officials, representatives of other agencies, and members of the general public.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public administration, planning, engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, construction management or a closely related field. Considerable experience in planning, development, engineering, inspections, or a closely related field is required.
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are necessary and important for this role. A passion and strong belief in the importance of good customer service is essential. Candidate must also have the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects, while simultaneously being flexible and adaptive in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment.
Preferred candidates will have the following:
- Experience in land planning, development and construction processes.
- Experience in development plan review and project management.
- Experience researching and applying ordinances and/or building codes.
- Experience making public presentations.
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification, a North Carolina Department of Insurance Standard Building certification, or a professional license in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, or Land Surveying,
Requires drug testing and background check (which may include criminal check, education verification and credit history review) prior to employment.
Requires a valid driver’s license with and acceptable driving record.
How to ApplyApplicants, please click on the below link to apply for this position. DEVELOPMENT LIAISON This job posting will close on 09/24/2023 at 11:59pm (EST)
53 total views, 2 today