Full-Time Development Coordinator
Founded in 1998, TennGreen Land Conservancy is the oldest accredited, statewide land conservancy in Tennessee. TennGreen serves all Tennesseans, and through collaboration with members, private landowners, local municipalities, and state and federal agencies, the organization works to create parks, establish wildlife corridors, expand existing protected public lands, and enhance public recreation opportunities. We envision large, connected natural areas that support diversity of life, inspire the appreciation of nature, and spark action to protect the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us all.
The Development Coordinator for TennGreen will:
- oversee TennGreen’s fundraising database, including sensitive data, donation processing, receipting, and reporting;
- assist with and execute development mailings;
- provide prospect research;
- assist with fulfilling donor recruitment strategies;
- support the Development team’s efforts for donor engagement;
- seek out in-kind donations for TennGreen’s annual fundraiser, the Hike-a-Thon;
- create and execute cultivation activities for current and prospective members;
- assist with creating content for communications, possibly including photography, stories, blog content, and video;
- and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY TRAITS
- High degree of organization and confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curious, inquisitive, and positive attitude
- Highly motivated
- Intrinsic commitment to a culture of customer service
- Ability to thrive and work well independently—as well as collaboratively—to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines
- Fun, flexible, and able to go with the flow
- Passion for TennGreen’s mission to conserve land where people and nature can thrive
- Work effectively under frequent deadlines
- Sound proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, and ethical gathering of information and processing of all sensitive donor information
- Two to three years of non-profit development experience, preferably donor database management
- Ability to prioritize tasks, utilize good judgment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate flexibility in accepting and carrying out assignments (which will include some evenings and weekends)
The Development Coordinator is a full-time salaried position, with occasional evening and weekend work. Starting salary is $40,000 – $45,000 based on applicable experience, with opportunities for annual performance-based salary increases. The benefits package includes optional health/dental/vision insurance and a retirement savings plan (with matching contributions after two years).
Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement:
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We strive to nurture a culture where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative; where there is a deep sense of belonging and respect across every region, organization, and individual that is touched by our work. We pledge ourselves to the work of understanding and honoring diverse races, genders, traditions, heritages, and experiences and endeavor to actively uplift our values of justice and equity in everything we do.”
How to ApplyTo apply, please email a cover letter and resume by April 10, 2023 to email@example.com. Anticipated start date of employment is flexible around May, 2023.
128 total views, 3 today