Full-Time Development Associate, Major Gifts
THE JEWISH MUSEUM
Founded in 1904 and located on New York City’s Museum Mile, the Jewish Museum is a museum at the intersection of art and Jewish culture for people of all backgrounds. The Museum maintains a unique collection of nearly 30,000 works of art, ceremonial objects, and media reflecting the global Jewish experience over more than 4,000 years. The Museum applies a contemporary lens to its exhibitions, which range from ancient to contemporary art.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Individual Giving, the Development Associate’s role will be three-fold:
1) They will be a frontline fundraiser responsible for managing the Young Patrons Program which is comprised of Museum donors ages 21-40. Through personal visits, solicitations, a robust calendar of special events, Young Patron Council meetings, and consistent communications, the Associate will plan and oversee all aspects of the program.
2) The position will execute all administrative tasks related to the Contemporary Circle, a donor group dedicated to the vibrancy of the Museum’s contemporary exhibitions. He/she will liaise and strategize extensively with the group’s two
Co-Chairs as well as senior Jewish Museum staff about the overall direction of the Contemporary Circle.
3) The Associate will conduct regular cultivation and stewardship meetings with Patron members to help determine giving potential and opportunities for engagement.
Creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and poise under pressure combined with strong project management, organizational, written, and communication skills are critical in this position.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify and qualify new prospects; cultivate potential contributors; develop solicitation strategies; personally solicit gifts and continually steward donors.
• Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects, make a minimum of 25 personal visits, and engage in a minimum of 15 solicitations per year.
• For the Young Patrons and Contemporary Circle donor groups, develop the written and e-communications pieces and oversee pipeline expansion.
• Oversee the implementation of Young Patron and Contemporary Circle benefits.
• Assist in end-of-year and end-of-fiscal year Patron solicitations.
• Help with other development projects and duties, as assigned.
• A minimum of 2 years of development experience, preferably in the arts and/or a Jewish organization
• Working knowledge of or interest in the contemporary art market
• Outgoing personality with ability to personally cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Willingness to work occasional weekends and evenings as necessary
• Proficiency in Salesforce or other donor databases
• General knowledge of New York’s Jewish and arts organizations
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required
How to ApplySend Resume with Cover Letter To: Associate Director, Human Resources The Jewish Museum 1109 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10128 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 212.423.3232 The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from diverse candidates.
33 total views, 1 today