Full-Time Development and Communications Manager
Established in 2001, PeacePlayers is an international peacebuilding nonprofit organization that uses sport, primarily basketball, as a vehicle to unite, educate and inspire young people living in divided communities. Based on the premise that children who play together can learn to live together, PeacePlayers has become a worldwide leader in the use of sport to build a more peaceful world, reaching more than 75,000 youth in 20 countries.
At PeacePlayers, our vision is to foster individual and communal connections that create a more peaceful world. The world we live in today has far too many divides – whether racial, religious, ethnic or geographic – and these divisions have created an environment of conflict and instability in our local communities. In partnership with local leaders, we support young people on opposite sides of these divides by using sport as a vehicle to strengthen their leadership and peacebuilding skills to show that we are all more alike than different. We stay with them for the long-term to work towards a more peaceful society for us all – currently operating in five year-round sites: The Middle East, South Africa, Northern Ireland, Cyprus, and the United States.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Development and Communications Manager is responsible for helping to refresh and build out an updated and organization-wide development and communications plan for PeacePlayers along with supporting key development activities. A significant portion of this positions time will be spent on grant writing and managing PeacePlayers social media accounts and website. This position is a member of the Global Support team, reports to PeacePlayers’ Director of Development Operations, and works closely with each of the international site’s Managing Directors and local Development staff. The position requires strong writing skills and will be providing support and technical expertise to staff across the globe. In addition, this position requires the employee to implement Arbinger principles into the organization’s everyday systems and processes.
● Manage and support grant writing throughout organization
● Management of a portfolio of foundation grants (writing and reporting) across the
global network, as well as prospecting and pipeline development
● Responsible for capturing and tracking donor interactions in the PeacePlayers CRM
● Manage our social web editorial content calendar and organize multiple internal and
external sources to generate content daily
● Content capturing, to be adapted to multiple audiences and platforms
responsible for helping to refresh and
build out an updated organization-wide development and communications
● Management and design of the quarterly newsletter and web maintenance
● Management of external collateral production and design while serving as liaison to
● Work directly with Programs and Learning team to drive how data captured in site
translates to external pitch decks and materials used for marketing and communications
● Implementation of grassroots fundraising/awareness strategy and plans in local markets
● Monitor trends in the social web space and make recommendations on ways to increase
the use of social media in the organization
● Create monthly reports on social media/web usage and trends to be analyzed for impact
in overall marketing efforts
● Work directly with Director of Development Operations & Events, and international
site Managing Directors on a daily basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s Degree in related field
● A minimum of three- five years’ experience in communications and/or development
● Demonstrable experience in leveraging social media to drive traffic or achieve tangible
goals, online marketing, or related experience. Understanding of the non-profit space
is a plus
● Strong project management and/or organizational skills with the ability to handle
multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
● Proven strong writer
● Proficient in collecting and analyzing data to make recommendations on content and
● Experience working in Network for Good or a similar donor management platform
● Well organized with outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
● Work effectively with international staff
● Organize tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks
The PeacePlayers Development and Communications Manager position is a full-time salaried position with benefits, including health insurance and an employer retirement plan matching program. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Development and Communications Manager will be based in Washington, D.C.
It is the policy of PeacePlayers to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of age, gender, gender identity/expression, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability, or any other legally protected basis. PeacePlayers evaluates all candidates on a merit basis.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to PeacePlayers International at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Development and Communications Manager.” All applications for the position should be submitted by August 23, 2019.
41 total views, 1 today