Full-Time Desktop Engineer (Remote)
The Desktop Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of the strategic design and management of the enterprise workstation environment. This individual will also assist in the development and execution of the short and long-term strategic roadmap for end user computing, including the review and selection of tools and technologies.
The Desktop Engineer must have the ability to support the evaluation, design, and implementation of the strategic enterprise roadmap for the Eastern Bank end user computing environment, including laptops, desktops, Windows Virtual Desktop, software, Intune, and Configuration Manager.
This position requires the ability to make short term and long term technical and tactical decisions in support of strategic goals.
This position requires prioritizing multiple parallel projects tasks and issues under management supervision as needed and requires the ability to analyze information and draw specific conclusions and/or course of action based on performance and trends.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, design, and implement innovative end user computing solutions that are aligned with divisional, enterprise, and customer-specific goals.
- Providing technical direction to the Service Desk team to solve problems that require an increased level of troubleshooting discipline, technology acumen, and creativity. Writing system documentation, including technical specifications, procedures, and definitions for the technical standards.
- Supporting the execution of a continuous-improvement strategy for upgrading and supporting workstation-based operating systems in both a Windows computing environment and Linux or the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
- Participating in a project team to deliver desktop support services and assisting in the definition of project scope and limitations.
- Working with non-Technology stakeholders and infrastructure engineering teams to ensure that all components work together to meet objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, computer science, operations research, business or engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have enterprise-level experience as a Desktop Architect/Engineer with extensive Windows 10 systems build and deployment/migration experience. Proven technical experience with Group Policy, Intune, Configuration Manager, Azure AD, Windows Virtual Desktop, asset management, and package deployment tools.
- Experience providing direction and leadership to others. Working in a fast-paced environment with experience in managing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing work efforts.
- The ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously as well as performing tasks under pressure, oversee projects, and directing information to other team members effectively.
- Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Must excel in high-paced, demanding environment and be highly organized, motivated, and demonstrate the ability to think creatively and critically and problem solve as well as the ability to think outside of the box.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements and translate into functional specifications. Strong attention to detail and consistent application to all assigned projects.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization as well as with vendors.
- Must use initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines and possess the ability to work in a collaborative environment. Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively. Self-learner, and desire to enhance skills with training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architecture, design, and implementation skills related to desktop engineering.
- Assist in the design, planning, configuration, documentation, and deployment of the following technologies:
- Modern Endpoint Management (Configuration Manager and Intune)
- Azure Virtual Desktop (Windows Virtual Desktop)
- MSIX and/or AppV
- Click to Run technologies for Microsoft 365 Apps
- Delivery Optimization, BranchCache, and other bandwidth optimization technologies
- Azure Active Directory and Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Travel between various Bank offices may be required as part of an assigned project.
- Off-hour’s support and on-site support as needed, as defined within the scope of a specific project.
- Ability to attend several seminars/conferences each year to maintain or expand business and technical knowledge.
How to ApplyCopy the link and add it to your web browser: https://gka.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/412/?utm_medium=jobshare Once on the Career website click on the following tab: "Apply Now". If you have any questions please feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
645 total views, 0 today