Full-Time Design Project Manager
Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
We are looking for a talented Design Project Manager to join our Building Sciences Team. The role of Design Project Manager requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, ability to self-direct, solid background in design and project management, client representation as well as personnel management. This person will manage the development and implementation of design deliverables and documentation of our internal and sub-consultant interdisciplinary design teams from programming through construction administration.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
- Develop and mentor cross functional design team as appropriate or assigned.
- Facilitate the development of design deliverables including drawing sets/reviews.
- Create project design schedule to meet project/client requirements.
- Deliver projects on-time, within budget to mutually agreed upon expectations.
- Provide construction support services, as appropriate.
- Act as client lead to support communication and interaction.
- Manage tasks and associated budgets that facilitate consistency and quality execution.
- Maintain knowledge of prime and sub-contractual service commitments.
- Responsible for project plan entries and updates into internal data management systems.
- Review/approve consultant and client invoices.
- Establish and foster client relationships through regular contact and follow through. design development and construction through the applicable funding requirements and government processes at federal, state and local levels.
- Assist in the creation of RFP and Fee Proposal documentation.
- Drive to various job sites/offices.
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent work experience required*
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction administration or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Project Manager role in a design firm required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in digital design and related fields (BIM) required.
- Licensed in WA, CA, ID and OR required.
- Experience with Construction Software including Bluebeam required.
- Master’s degree in related area preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in production on a design team preferred.
- Professional accreditation or certification preferred. Examples include: PMP, LEED, AIA, PE, GCCM, DBIA.
- Membership in professional industry organization(s) preferred.
- Experience in project management of multiple, overlapping, and coordinated projects preferred.
- Experience with proprietary project management software required Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to pass motor vehicle record check and comply with OAC’s motor vehicle policy.
*Foreign degree equivalent is acceptable.
Why Work for Us
At OAC we know we are not perfect; therefore, we are committed to continually looking for ways to grow and improve. We are committed to being known as a “best place to work”; in fact, it’s a strategic goal of ours that we are consistently analyzing and working on. We are dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and sense of belonging for all our employees, and we are committed to make better happen – for our employees, our clients, and our community. We pay all our employees equitably for substantially similar work and offer a total rewards package that is competitive. At the time of this job posting, the annual base pay for this role in the Seattle area is between $90,000-$120,000. Base pay is determined through analyzing various factors, including (but not limited to): location, skills, experience, education, knowledge, internal equity, industry indicators, external market factors, and the availability of skilled professionals in the area.
In addition to base pay, our benefits include:
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work arrangements (when feasible)
- Health benefits for both single employees and families that are above those generally provided by our peers
- 100% company paid coverage for employee medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and 70% premium coverage spouse/domestic partner and dependents
- The choice between two medical coverage options and two dental plans
- Company paid coverage for employees and dependents for on-demand primary medical care
- Health savings account with company contribution provided
- Health care, limited purpose, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short-term, long-term, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance plans
- Paid parental leave in addition to state parental leave benefits
- 401K retirement plan and up to 5% match of annual
- Commuting benefit for transit or parking costs
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Company purchased iPhone or monthly phone reimbursement
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Annual charitable donation matching
- Opportunity to purchase company stock when offered and eligible
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Voluntary AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Voluntary Norton LifeLock ID Theft Protection
- Generous paid time off including flexible personal holidays, vacation, and sick time
About the Firm
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC’s building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provide investigation, repair design, and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best in our industry. For the 4th year in a row, we made “The top 10 Best Workplaces in Washington” and continues to earn “Washington’s Best Companies to Work For” – Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with locations in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and Dallas.
The future is bright as we continue to expand – check out our website for more:
OAC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to **@oa*****.com.
How to ApplyPlease use this link to apply: Apply here
51 total views, 1 today