Full-Time DE&S Service Delivery Operations Manager
£34,000 – £40,000 per annum (plus benefits). Internal candidates/existing Civil Servants should refer to the Further Information leaflet for salary details.
We are looking to recruit experienced professionals with a supply chain/service delivery/operational management background to manage key activities as part of the Joint Defence Marking Team (JDMT) contributing towards the operational management and delivery of the Defence Unique Identification (UID) Bar-coding programme.
We are looking for two types of people for this role; one would be to oversee the daily workings of JDMT operations, you will plan, manage, and implement schedules to ensure deadlines are met, while maintaining a high-quality standard of product production & delivery and provide specialist advice to multiple stakeholders on complex issues.
This role also has responsibility for supervising people and allocation of routine duties and the provision of a service to customers. You will make decisions that will impact on the tasks and activities of others. These decisions may also include the allocation and re-arrangement of work and staff to meet customer demand levels or internal deadlines.
Alternatively, the second type of person would be a Information Analyst, you would be responsible for the communicating and engagement with project teams and develop a strong understanding of their Unique Item Identification (UID) reporting, data and marking needs.
Conduct data analysis and reconciliation, duplicate programming investigations, unit liaison and assurance.
Ensure that all aspects of the information analysis and requirements gathering process are completed to support data management and service delivery.
As the Senior you will;
• Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
• Organise, plan, and implement coordination with project teams and units to meet the defence priorities for marking.
• Coordinate activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements.
• Plan, schedule and review workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis.
• Be responsible for the production, procurement and planning of daily operations and coordinate material resource allocations.
• Communicate with all relevant teams and departments to ensure delivery times are met.
• Ensure the team has enough time to plan, prepare and deliver the marking service to meet defence requirements.
• Create a detailed schedule based on strict deadlines.
• Communicates any changes in the order or delivery date to relevant parties.
• Schedule and monitor the supplier production timeline and product standards.
• Schedule the purchase of materials and services required for the tasks.
• Provide reports on the schedule progress as required.
As a Senior you will also need:
• The ability to develop and implement plans including reviewing policies and procedures,
• A good understanding of Logistic Policy, Planning and Strategy,
• The ability to oversee budgeting, reporting, planning and auditing,
• Have the ability to think analytically and communicate effectively.
As the information analyst, you will:
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in master data management, metadata management, and data governance operations.
• Support ad hoc data requests within the existing governance and security policies and best practices.
• Implement plans for the Defence Marking Programme, which involves training end users and helping secure the ongoing buy-in and use of the Assets Subject to Special Control (ASSC)/Unique Item Identifiers (UII) Registry service.
• Develop key documentation such as customer surveys, reports and user guides.
• Support a broad base of users on the data and reporting platforms, ensuring relationships with customers and cross-team members are professional.
• Solve complex data-related problems using a variety of technical and analytical skills within various in-service systems.
As the information analyst you will also need:
• A thorough understanding of the MoD, particularly the support chain and the management and administration of the defence inventory at unit level.
• Demonstrated ability to complete tasks on time and on budget.
• Demonstrated high competency in balancing multiple tasks.
• Experience in process analysis and documentation.
This position is RESERVED for SOLE UK National Only.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Experience working in a delivery environment at an operational level within one of the associated disciplines (Project Management, Supply Chain Manager, Engineering, Technical Through Life Support, Commercial) in a large, complex organisation.
• More than five years of experience managing enterprise-wide data.
• Experience of managing commercial relationships, delivery arrangements and budgets including the approval process.
• Significant knowledge and experience in managing and executing data management initiatives.
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) with experience with Oracle database, and/or Cognos BI tools.
• Knowledge on how Defence works and a thorough understanding of the MoD, particularly the Defence Support Chain (E2E).
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Managing Support, Supplier and Customer Networks – Practitioner
• Making Evidence-based Decisions – Practitioner
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Making effective decisions
• Managing a quality service
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
The Integrated Logistics (iLog) Function is the integrating Function for Support within DE&S, responsible for the development, management and delivery of in-service support for our front-line command customers. The iLog Function consists of around 2,900 personnel, both civil servants and military, and with a wide range of disciplines ranging from operations management and supply chain management, technical through-life support and logistics delivery, to modelling and analysis and internal continuous improvement consultancy services.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and upload your details.
Please find ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ attached or click here
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
How to ApplyPlease click here to apply Apply before 11:55 pm on Sunday 18th October 2020
78 total views, 1 today