Full-Time DE&S Performance Lead
The Engineering function’s primary objective is to focus on the delivery of our equipment and support by providing specialist expertise in domain-related disciplines such as: mechanical, electrical and power distribution; software, sensors and electronic systems; acquisition safety and environmental protection; quality assurance; ordnance munitions and explosives, as well as systems engineering and integration.
Ensuring the equipment procured and supported by DE&S on behalf of the Armed Forces is safe to use and environmentally sound is vital to the procurement process. The DE&S Quality, Safety and Environmental Protection (QSEP) group reports to the Director of Engineering and Safety, providing DE&S with policy, advice, guidance, tools and related assurance of high-level management systems.
We enable safety and environmental protection to be effectively and efficiently managed within DE&S, both for our own people and sites and for the users of the equipment we supply. Unique challenges and work diversity mean that the job is satisfying and meaningful, supplying essential support and capability to the front line commands. We are doing something that really makes a difference and are recognised as playing an important role across Defence.
We are looking for someone who can exploiting performance and assurance data to help DE&S improve its safety and environmental impact and respond to sustainability challenges like the government’s Net Zero by 2050 policy.
Please note that whilst this role is based in Abbey Wood – Bristol, there is some flexibility in the current circumstances for remote working with travel into Abbey Wood HQ.
In your role as a member of the Safety and Environmental Protection (SEP) Team, your responsibilities will include:
• Managing all elements of the DE&S Safety and Environmental (S&E) performance measurement process, including the development and management of performance dashboards;
• Collating and analysing quantitative and qualitative data supplied by DE&S delivery teams;
• Collating content for the DE&S S&E Annual Assurance Report (AAR), quarterly corporate performance reports;
• Exploiting performance data to inform audit programmes;
• Identifying trends and anomalies, and the issues that underlie them.
Collectively these activities inform strategic decision making at DE&S Executive Committee / Board level by providing essential management information (MI) and assurance to the DE&S senior management team. Current priorities include managing development of a future set of safety, environmental and sustainability performance indicators designed to measure Operating Centres (OCs) and their Deliver Teams compliance with Safety & Environmental policy, guidance and instructions.
The role requires close working with the safety and environmental practitioners across DE&S, and the key to success will be the ability to provide them with specialist support and authoritative guidance. You will also be the SEP Team’s performance management lead in negotiations with the Chief Digital Information Officer (CDIO’s) team. You will also have delivery management responsibility for an information management analyst.
Essential to your success will be an ability to demonstrate:
• Fluency with data analysis and presentation techniques, with practical experience of data analysis and reporting in a large organisation.
• Practical experience of collating, analysing and presenting data for different audiences.
• An excellent level of stakeholder management and communication skills at a senior level.
• A working knowledge of safety and environmental management processes, with understanding and experience of using safety and environmental tools and techniques to inform decision-making.
You will also ideally have:
• A minimum of a NQF Level 4 qualification in a relevant engineering or science discipline;
• Practitioner status in System Safety or Environmental Management practices;
• Professional registration with a relevant institution.
• Be working towards or able to achieve professional recognition (IENG, CENG or Chartered status with IEAM/IIRSM)
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft PowerBI tool.
Experience in managing the development or procurement of software tools would also be advantageous.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with plenty of opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within DE&S – and it’s one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within DE&S and our industry partners and professional bodies.
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pensionPlease find ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ attached or click here
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
How to Apply
Follow link to apply
63 total views, 4 today