Full-Time DE&S Operations Manager
£34,000 – £40,000 per annum (plus benefits)
The TyTAN ISP (The availability support contract between DE&S and BAES that provides support / Integrated Strategic Planning) Team delivers in-service support and sustainment fleet planning for the RAF’s Typhoon aircraft whilst incorporating modifications, embodiments and change requests. Within TyTAN, the Integrated Strategic Planning Manager (ISPM) reports directly to the Service Delivery Manager (SDM), who is overall responsible to the TyTAN Hd ISS. The ISPM has delivery manager responsibility for the TyTAN Fleet Manager and the TyTAN Tactical Fleet Manager. The post liaises between 1 Group (No 1 Group – The RAF’s Front Line Command that is responsible for operating Typhoon, Lightning and Hawk aircraft), BAE Systems and the wider DE&S community to deliver Command Acquisition and Support Plan agreed outputs to 1 Group through the Typhoon FHQ (Typhoon Force Headquarters).
The Operations Manager is responsible to the TyTAN Hd ISS through the TyTAN Service Delivery Manager for the TyTAN Integrated Strategic Enterprise Plan, Strategic and Tactical Fleet Plans to deliver the RAF Typhoon In year Delivery Plan in accordance with Air Command requirements directed in the Typhoon CASP with 1 Group.
Accountable for the management of the Sustainment Fleet at multiple service and industry locations. These aircraft fall outside of the TyTAN contract; the TyTAN ISPM is accountable to the Service Delivery Manager to ensure that all engineering, financial and contractual provisions are fit for purpose for storage, maintenance and recovery of sustainment aircraft.
The TyTAN ISPM is to facilitate and maintain close stakeholder engagement with multiple agencies, including those external to core business to deliver TyTAN ISP outputs. The TyTAN ISPM is to deputise for the TyTAN SDM in their absence.
The TyTAN ISPM is a critical post in the delivery of Typhoon capability. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
– Integrated Strategic Planning. Accountable in conjunction with the BAES ISP and Change Manager to deliver a coherent Strategic Enterprise Plan (SEP), the Strategic Fleet Plan and the co- chair of the monthly Integrated Strategic Planning Review. TyTAN ISPM is to ensure that the Typhoon SEP is promulgated to all stakeholders every quarter.
– Fleet Management – The TyTAN IPSM is to ensure capability and availability of the Typhoon Fleet, managing, influencing and maintaining stakeholder expectations of BAE Systems, 1 Gp and DE&S. Conduct analysis, model fleet scenarios articulating risk and issues to delivery and hold stakeholders to account in enacting the Strategic and Tactical Fleet Plan. Co-Chair the Planning Working Gp providing direction and guidance and champion issues escalated from the Tactical Fleeting Planning Working Gp. Escalate issues to the Enterprise Operations Review and Integrated Strategic Planning Review as appropriate.
– Change Management – Support the DE&S TyTAN Change Manager to ensure that all aspects of the In-Service Support are maximised to delivering the optimum output in support of Typhoon operations. To include Business Case and Spend Management System drafting and navigation through the internal and external approvals route.
– Storage Expositions – Responsible for the Storage Expositions for sustainment fleet aircraft. Review with 1 Gp, DE&S and BAE Systems stakeholders bi-annually and agree requirements for aircraft availability and capability. Generate, promulgate and maintain the 6 month and 3-year storage plans.
– Aircraft Storage – Accountable for the storage strategy development, planning, execution and recovery of aircraft including all cannibalisation activities. Manage stakeholder engagement with external agents to the prime contract:
a. RAF Shawbury (AMSU) – Scrutinise the HADES contractual arrangements to ensure it meets Typhoon requirements. Assure the TyTAN SDM/CAM that CAw maintenance activities are full compliant in accordance with the Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition ICD requirements. Act as a conduit for Babcock Contractors and as a programme manager for maintenance, storage and disposal activities as required.
b. BAES Warton – Scrutinise contractual arrangements to ensure they are fit for purpose. Assure the TyTAN SDM/CAM (Continuing Airworthiness Manager) CAw maintenance activities are fully compliant with CAME ICD requirements. Act as a conduit for BAES Contractors and as a programme manager for maintenance, storage and disposal activities, as required.
– Aircraft Disposals – Accountable as the Project Manager for all fleet whole AC disposal activities.
– Risk Management – Responsible for the management of DE&S ISP ARM risks and issues through the TyTAN Risk Management WG.
– Records Management – Maintain an auditable record of Fleet Management decisions and approvals. Maintain the record of aircraft removed from the Military Air Register including Disposal Certification.
– Project Scheduling – Appointed as the Work Package Owner for the ISP Work Package, providing monthly variance analysis reports back to the SDM KAM and Project Schedule Manager for onward reporting.
– Authority (e.g. line management, project, etc): Delivery Manager for the TyTAN Fleet Manager (RAF) and Tactical Fleet Manager (RAF) and to ensure that HR/reporting to completed in accordance with extant RAF Policy.
What you will be assessed against
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Hold a Logistic/Engineering qualification or Equivalent
• Have experience in Continuous Improvement
• Have experience in planning and scheduling within an operational role.
• Be able to evidence experience in communicating with Internal and external stakeholders, colleagues and business partners
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• APM qualification
• Prince 2 qualification
• Lean 6 Sigma ideally to Green Belt qualification
• Risk Management experience
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Customer Service
• Making evidence based decisions
If you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Communicating and influencing
• Managing a quality service
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
The Integrated Logistics (iLog) Function is the integrating Function for Support within DE&S, responsible for the development, management and delivery of in-service support for our front-line command customers. The iLog Function consists of around 2,900 personnel, both civil servants and military, and with a wide range of disciplines ranging from operations management and supply chain management, technical through-life support and logistics delivery, to modelling and analysis and internal continuous improvement consultancy services.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and upload your details.
Please find ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ by clicking here
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
How to ApplyFollow link to apply Please click here to apply Please note, applications must be received before 11:55 pm on Tuesday 13th October 2020
89 total views, 1 today