Full-Time Deputy Director – Pensions, Savings & Charities
London (100 Parliament Street)
£70,000 – £90,000 per annum
Sunday 2nd February 2020 at 23:55
You will lead a team of 15, based mostly in London. For each of your policy areas you will work closely with your HMT policy partners to lead the work of your team to deliver policy changes that reflect the priorities of the Government in your policy areas.
This is a high profile and busy tax policy seat. The policy areas of pensions, savings and charities each involve the complex interaction of various and often competing drivers. These include the provision of cost-effective tax incentives, deliverability of legislation, operational and IT system deliverability, ease of compliance and avoidance proofing, involvement of third party suppliers and intermediaries, large well-represented customer populations and a number of lobby groups with vested interests. The new Government is expected to have significant ambitions in this space.
You will work collaboratively with Technical, Compliance, Operations, Digital and Transformation colleagues to ensure policies are deliverable and support the Department’s Transformation objectives and opportunities.
• Developing strong and effective working relationships with Her Majesty’s Treasury (HMT), Other Government Departments (OGDs), regulators (such as The Pensions Regulator and Financial Conduct Authority) and representative bodies;
• Chairing routine consultative meetings of key business and charity representatives;
• Developing and shaping your team to respond effectively and flexibly to the demands placed on it, ensuring business continuity and knowledge management arrangements are in place;
• Being the Senior Responsible Owner for delivery projects in your policy areas within the Policy Driven Change programme. This includes the current Pensions Online Digital Service, a large and complex project that is delivering a number of key changes over coming years;
• Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of working and leading through transformational change;
• Role modelling excellent leadership; providing highly visible people leadership, championing engagement, and collective leadership of IPD;
• Extensive recent experience and understanding of working in a fast moving policy environment;
• Ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally; confidence in dealing with, and influencing senior stakeholders;
• High level strategic thinking skills and the ability to apply customer insight;
• A track record in leading people and driving change. Successful delivery through others;
• Knowledge of the tax and benefits system, experience of tax policy making and an understanding of the Whitehall environment are highly desirable for all roles;
• For the Pensions role, a tax professional background and broad knowledge and experience of direct taxes are highly desirable.
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please submit your application to the Civil Service Jobs website: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1662164 Job reference number: 35068
25 total views, 1 today