Full-Time Deputy Director – Cross-Cutting
Deputy Director Cross-cutting – London (Canary Wharf, moving to Stratford Regional Centre) or Newcastle (Benton Park View).
£70,000 – £90,000 per annum
Sunday 2nd February 2020 at 23:55
The team will challenge and ensure policy teams across IPD; join up and plan ahead; design around customers, build in upstream compliance and reduce demands for customer contact. This will drive performance improvement and influence more innovative policy solutions and ensure these are connected to the Department’s transformation and delivery teams to manage cost and capacity. Working in partnership with IPD and across HMRC, you will lead work to improve our policymaking capability and function, support the Health of the Tax System and maximise opportunities for transformation. You will lead the following teams:
Policy Compliance – Responsible for driving up IPD’s understanding and plans to tackle compliance risks through influencing and challenging the directorate’s policies and implementation and actively managing HMRC Compliance Plan projects across groups.
Policy Impacting and Change – Works closely with policy leads across IPD supporting policy development and recommendations to HMT and ministers. The team bring together experts from across HMRC to work up options and identify the IT and process changes needed to implement policy ideas and to consider the cost and capacity impacts of each policy option. The team work closely with HMRCs transformation programme to maintain a strong understanding of how our IT infrastructure and service offering is changing and this ensures they are well placed to support and advise policy makers. The team provides the link between policy teams and the process and delivery teams who implement and deliver policy changes.
• Driving measurable improvement in policy making through working collaboratively and supportively with the policy community;
• Leading and developing team members to enable them to lead and influence; delivering objectives and working flexibly across work areas as required;
• Ensuring that the Cross Cutting function uses a wide range of evidence and data such as front line and customer insight to identify flaws in the system and making sure change happens as a result;
• Maintaining close relationships with other directorates including Transformation, feeding in requirements and feeding back impacts;
• Leading problem solves to identify root causes of performance issues, involving/supporting policy, compliance and operational owners as required for issue resolution.
• Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of working and leading through transformational change;
• Role modelling excellent leadership; providing highly visible people leadership, championing engagement, and collective leadership of IPD;
• Extensive recent experience and understanding of working in a fast moving policy environment;
• Ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally; confidence in dealing with, and influencing senior stakeholders;
• High level strategic thinking skills and the ability to apply customer insight;
• A track record in leading people and driving change. Successful delivery through others;
• Knowledge of the tax and benefits system, experience of tax policy making and an understanding of the Whitehall environment are highly desirable for all roles.
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please submit your application to the Civil Service Jobs website: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1662164 Job reference number: 35068
35 total views, 1 today