Full-Time Deputy Chief Officer, Technology
Our mission is to ensure high academic achievement for all children, especially students in poverty and students of color, by developing transformational school leaders and advancing the policies and practices that allow great leaders to succeed.
“We believe that every student, in every circumstance, can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence.”
Who We Are
New Leaders transforms underperforming schools by developing outstanding leaders at every level of the education system—from teacher leaders to principals and their supervisors.
We work hand in hand with our state, district, and charter partners, delivering leadership solutions that build on their strengths and address their most-pressing priorities. Our evidence-based programming cultivates diverse, equity-driven leaders equipped with the skills to elevate instruction, enhance learning, and build vibrant, inclusive school communities. To encourage widespread adoption of effective, sustainable leadership practices, we also advocate for federal and state policies that support the work of school leaders everywhere.
To date, New Leaders has trained 3,900 education leaders who annually reach nearly half a million young people, mostly students of color and children from low-income families, delivering breakthrough academic results and building brighter futures for high-need urban and rural communities nationwide. Visit New Leaders to learn more.
Who You Are
The Deputy Chief Officer, Technology (“DCO”) is a new role for New Leaders. The DCO will have an opportunity to shape the organization’s technology vision to meet the needs of school leaders, students, and New Leaders staff to support New Leaders’ strategic goal to improve outcomes for students across the country through transformative school leadership. The DCO will be a dynamic leader, expert, and strategist charged with improving New Leaders’ blended and virtual delivery of programs, products, and services and leveraging technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency organization-wide. The DCO collaborates with the Executive Team and senior leaders to understand the needs of all teams and functional areas and will have the support of and access to the CEO in implementing the new technology vision. The DCO advises the Executive Team and Board of Directors on innovative technology solutions to maximize organizational impact and supervises the design, build, and delivery of technology systems, reporting, and products.
The DCO reports to the Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Create and execute against New Leaders’ multi-year technology vision and strategy in alignment with the organization’s strategic direction and priorities as follows:
- Partner with the Executive Team and senior leaders to develop the organization’s vision, strategy, and plan for using technology to advance our mission and strategic plan, including but not limited to understanding key priorities for all teams, functional areas, and key stakeholders.
- Leverage technology to position the organization to achieve its scale, impact, and financial sustainability goals, including but not limited to leading the implementation of innovative technology products and solutions for school leaders, New Leaders’ partners, and the organization and exploring the use of technology to grow and diversify funding streams.
- Oversee the strategy, design, and implementation of technology solutions to deliver high-impact programming, products, and services.
- Leverage technology to improve and ensure alignment across organization-wide systems, structures, and processes, leading to optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work closely with the Executive Team, staff members, and organizational partners to rapidly incorporate feedback, review and respond to data, and address emerging needs.
- Lead data collection automation; enable real-time, accessible usage of data collection by senior leaders, including key performance indicators and goals; and optimize reporting through technology to drive learning.
- Ensure the security of all technology systems and the provision of a robust and effective IT infrastructure to support organizational performance.
- Oversee all technology systems, needs, and operations, including but not limited to learning management systems, data reporting systems, Salesforce, cybersecurity, hardware, and technology infrastructure, managing vendor contracts as needed.
Lead a high-performing, results-oriented team committed to excellence and driven by New Leaders’ mission to support all technology needs, including:
- Setting a guiding team vision and developing a team culture of excellence aligned with this vision and grounded in the organization’s strategic direction.
- Serving as a cross-functional leader and thought partner, setting the example for and successfully managing cross-team collaboration in service of organizational goals.
- Developing strong relationships with and seeking input from other New Leaders’ teams, building others’ capacity, approaching interactions with other teams with a customer-service mindset, and contributing to overall organizational success.
- Providing management, coaching, and supervision to staff members.
- Ensuring that all team members consistently demonstrate the practices and behaviors of an effective, high-performing, results-oriented team.
- Setting, tracking, and reaching team and individual goals.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
Skills, Experiences & Competencies:
- A belief that every student, in every circumstance, can achieve the highest levels of academic excellence, and passionate commitment to New Leaders’ mission and vision.
- A capable relationship-builder who is comfortable working at senior, Chief, and Board levels to champion technology visions, strategies, and plans.
- A strong leader and manager who can lead a collaborative team to execute rapidly and in partnership with other teams.
- Excellent in leading change management processes to support technology adoption and innovation.
- Deep understanding of the role technology plays in the enablement of operational processes and program and development support.
- Experienced in managing the design, build, and delivery of innovative technology learning solutions, reporting, and products.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and execution skills; ability to operationalize strategies and produce significant and sustained programmatic results and improvements.
- Demonstrated track record in driving impact and leading and managing significant, complex efforts; robust process and project management skills.
- Excellent communications, relationship management, and interpersonal abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 13 years of overall work experience, including a minimum of 8 years developing and/or aligning technology strategy to business units/programs. Experience with education technology is a plus.
What We Offer
A competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive Benefits Package and 401K.
To be considered for this role, please attach a cover letter including your motivation and interest in New Leaders and the position.
New Leaders is an equal opportunity employer. New Leaders evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and work-related criteria and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, handicap, pregnancy, childbirth, medical condition, marital or familial status, family responsibilities, veteran status, personal appearance, political affiliation, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected by law in administration and operation of its Programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, or treatment or employment therein. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of such status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such status.
How to ApplyPlease submit a resume and cover letter on our Careers Page at https://newleaders.org/careers/
72 total views, 1 today