Full-TimeDB2 Database Administrator I
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Provides support to and maintains multiple production and/or non-production databases of significant and/or strategic impact across the enterprise. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration.
GENERAL DUTIES – RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configures database parameters and prototype designs against logical data models, and defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
* Optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
* Ensures service level agreements are met for internal and external clients.
* Provides status reports that detail issues for escalation to management.
* Performs configuration, scripting, analysis, installation, monitoring, administration and tuning for database management systems.
* May be required to participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
* Performs data analysis to provide management with timely and accurate information and predict future requirements
* Develops, implements and tests database backup and recovery policies and procedures.
* Creates and maintains documentation for database policies, procedures, and processes.
* Performs/schedules routine maintenance on databases to keep them running at peak performance.
* Monitors database performance, availability, and capacity.
* Participates in continuous business process redesign to improve internal operations.
* Interfaces with user departments remotely and on-site to assist in the implementation of work requests and provide operational support.
* Troubleshoots issues and recommends solutions.
* Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS – ABILITIES
* Knowledge of database management systems
* z/OS Mainframe experience preferred
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
* Must be self-motivated, a team player, and have a strong track record in customer satisfaction
* Thorough database design and analysis skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to learn and apply new skills in a constantly changing technical environment
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Experience with scripting languages
* Ability to monitor and tune databases and instances
* Ability to maintain and monitor availability, security, and integrity of databases
* Knowledge of backup and recovery operations for database management systems
* Demonstrated experience with successful system and project implementations
* Ability to adapt to the use of new software tools as they are acquired or adopted within IT
* Focused on production and customer needs
* Knowledge of relational database concepts and terminology
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Entry level role into the job family. Supports services and one or more databases of low to moderate complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. Functions, somewhat independently, under general direction of more senior database administrators, supervisors or managers. Generally works on one project at a time as a project team member. Typically requires up to three (3) years of experience working with various database management systems in database design, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration.
Black Knight is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2hhbmNvY2suNTQxNDUuMTA1OTRAYmxhY2trbmlnaHRmaW4uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
37 total views, 1 today