Full-Time Data Scientist – Principal-2000018L
Technology. Flexibility. Diversity. At the center of it all are the Digital Accelerator and Advanced Analytics teams at Cummins, working together as a high-energy startup within a Fortune 500 organization. At this Midwestern technology hub, today’s sharpest, most curious minds transform what-ifs into realities.
#LifeAtCummins is about POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. You’ll have global opportunities to develop your career and make your community a better place – to break ground professionally and be your best personally.
About Digital Accelerator and Advanced Analytics:
Cummins’ Digital Accelerator functions as our own tech startup, with strategic access to Fortune 150 resources and talents. Steering the innovation of new experiences for customers, Digital Accelerator is boldly transforming Cummins into a modern and agile technology company. Through the conception, build and launch of inspiring digital solutions, the unique hub of vision and creativity leverages open architecture, connectivity, big data, advanced analytics, internet-of-things, edge computing and more, to drive the company forward on its journey towards smart technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Principal Data Scientist. This is an active business facing role where you will work and collaborate with teams to solve problems in a results, customer centric environment.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
* Manages and Implements advanced analytics projects which solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches through a combination of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
* Researches, designs, implements and validates cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes by leveraging complex statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques.
* Liaises with business stakeholders and leverages business knowledge to industrialize and monetize insights from advanced analytics projects.
* Leads key objectives and business goals through the use of data science methodology.
* Leverages data science methodology to solve complex business problems.
* Creates algorithms using more complex statistical methodologies through the use of statistical programming languages and tools.
* Partners with domain experts to verify model capabilities and translate modeling outputs from statistical inferences into business language.
* Partners with Solution Architect to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products.
* Trains and mentors less experienced employees on data science tools and methodologies.
* Continuous development and advancement of the organization through knowledge sharing and collaboration.
* Participates in planning for advancement of the Data Science profession.
Significant experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of analyzing complex business systems and large data sets. Knowledge of the latest technologies and trends in data science is highly preferred and includes:
* Familiarity analyzing complex business systems, industry requirements, and/or data regulations
* Background in processing and managing large data sets
* Applied knowledge of big data, open source and third party toolsets
* SQL query language
* Clustered compute cloud-based implementation experience
* Experience in building analytical solutions
* Experience coaching on implementation of machine learning solutions
Significant experiences in the following are preferred:
* Designing and implementing Big Data platform solutions using open source and third-party tools
* Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web services environment
* Experience in Agile software development
* Familiarity with validation and testing of machine learning systems
* Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
* Manage the analytics technical road map in collaboration with supported delivery partners
* Design analytics solution approach in collaboration with delivery partners
* Provide design direction and technical guidance to developments teams
* Oversee in-use model performance and corrective action
* Manage activities of a small team of employees
Programming – Creates, writes and tests computer code, test scripts, and build scripts using algorithmic analysis and design, industry standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
Data Mining – Extracts insights from data by identifying relationships and patterns through use of a suite of data exploration and data visualization techniques to understand the underlying structure of the data and enable sound conclusions upon model building.
Predictive Modeling – Develops analytical or machine learning models by using appropriate variable transformations, feature selection strategies, imputation strategies, class rebalancing, resampling strategies and quality control measures to generate predictive insights used in solving business questions.
Statistical Modeling – Develops descriptive and explanatory statistical models, and simulations for regression, classification, outlier detection, anomaly detection, time series forecasting using knowledge of foundational statistics such as null hypotheses significance tests, regression models, generalized linear modeling, time series analysis, rank statistics, probability distribution fitting survival analysis, etc. to validate hypotheses for any given statistical or business question.
Problem Solving – Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem traceability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
Requirements Analysis – Evaluates relationships and interdependencies between requirements based upon their complexity and value to the business in order to determine feasibility and prioritization.
Strategic Roadmap Planning – Produces a high-level, multi-year product and capability roadmap utilizing internal and external business resource, asset and market knowledge and experience to communicate the organization’s focus and priorities to internal and external stakeholders.
Tech savvy – Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Develops talent – Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience in relevant technical discipline is required.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: https://www.cumminstalentcommunity.com/profile/join/
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=97c79554f50180094c85bc5423ad0563
71 total views, 1 today