Full-Time Data Associate
State Voices is recruiting to build our capacity in the data and technology industry in the state of #Florida. State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 23 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations. We provide the organizations in our network with the data, tools, and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy through a racial equity lens. We advance this work through three national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census and redistricting).
The Data Associate will primarily support table partners with VAN (Voter Activation Network) administration, basic training, and technical assistance in order to implement their voter engagement work, including advising on the use of voter contact tools. This position will work at the direction of the state Data Manager.
- Administer VAN (Voter Activation Network) for partner organizations and their consultants. This includes managing user and security settings; providing technical assistance; and monitoring the use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies. Some examples of VAN work include, but are not limited to,
creating basic lists, creating survey questions and activist codes, creating scripts, setting up phone banks, cutting turf, bulk uploading data, etc. Note: State Voices offers basic and advanced VAN Training to all data staff.
- Advise partner organizations on the use of voter contact tools and assist them in integrating appropriate voter contact and data tools into their engagement programs.
- Administer ViPER (Visual Progressive Engagement Resource) for partner organizations. Primarily, this consists of creating user accounts and training partners on the tool.
- Administer the Blocks voter registration tool. This includes but not limited to managing users, troubleshooting with partners, creating VR performance reports, tracking progress to goal for partner organizations, etc.
- Support partner organizations in the use of civic engagement and voter contact tools and assist them in assessing and implementing data integration into programs.
- Function as part of a national data team to build and maintain the shared state and national data infrastructure necessary to support partner program work. This includes, but is not limited to, required weekly data calls, required biweekly calls with respective Deputy Director of Data & Technology, required convening attendance, etc.
- Provide basic VAN training both in person and remote.
- Improve network partners’ data through list matching, and providing training on better data hygiene and data collection practices.
- Participate in national working groups with other data staff to develop nation-wide standards and best practices. Including but not limited to, required weekly data calls, required biweekly calls with respective Deputy Director of Data & Technology, required convening attendance, etc.
- Must complete series of required trainings by State Voices.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
- Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
- To ensure your submission is properly routed, use the subject line “FLCET Data Associate Position”
- Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled
- No calls please
37 total views, 1 today